Trumpworld insider 'refuses to be silenced' — and is cooperating with investigators: report
On Monday, Business Insider reported that the former daughter-in-law of ex-President Donald Trump's longtime CFO is cooperating with investigators looking into the Trump Organization's finances.
"An attorney representing the former daughter-in-law of the Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg says she's cooperating with prosecutors conducting an inquiry into Donald Trump's finances and 'refuses to be silenced,'" reported Jacob Shamsian. "'Jennifer Weisselberg is committed to speaking the truth, no matter how difficult that may be,' her attorney, Duncan Levin, told Insider in a statement. 'She will continue to cooperate fully with the various law enforcement agencies that are investigating her ex-husband's family and the very powerful interests they represent.'"
Weisselberg is one of Trump's longest-serving business partners. Experts have speculated that, because he knows everything about the Trump Organization's accounting, he would be one of the biggest possible threats to Trump if he flipped on him in a criminal investigation.
So far, Weisselberg does not appear to have divulged any secrets. However, Trump's former attorney and fixer Michael Cohen has suggested he may ultimately cooperate to save himself and his family.
- Lindsey Graham bizarrely threatens to make impeachment trial a ... ›
- Don Jr. fears his father will lose — and the Trump family will be ... ›
- Jeff Bezos is investigating his leaked sexts — and the probe has ... ›
- Ex-wife of Trump Organization exec is cooperating with investigators - Alternet.org ›
- Manhattan DA hits Trump's 'financial gatekeeper’ with a subpoena - Alternet.org ›
- The more frustrated Trumpworld becomes, the more dangerously ‘radicalized’ it becomes: Rachel Maddow - Alternet.org ›
- DC insider: A Trump bombshell quietly dropped last week and it should shock us all - Alternet.org ›