Chris Wallace nails Tom Cotton for voting record under Trump after he opposes Biden relief checks
Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) on Sunday defended his decision to vote against a stimulus bill that had similar provisions to bills he supported under former President Donald Trump.
During an interview on Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace called out Cotton after he said that he had opposed the bill that was signed by President Joe Biden because "prisoners" could get relief checks.
Wallace noted that Cotton voted for similar COVID-19 relief bills that were signed Trump.
"But Senator, under two previous COVID relief bills that you supported and voted for and that President Trump signed, prisoners also got checks in those bills," Wallace said.
"That was obviously never Congress's intent," Cotton opined. "The Trump administration, the IRS and the Treasury Department did not send checks to prisoners. Liberal advocacy groups sued to try to force that. A liberal judge said they had to."
"This month was the first time we had a simple up or down vote on whether those checks should go to prisoners," he added. "And the simple fact is that every Democrat voted to keep sending checks to prisoners."
Watch the video below from Fox News.
Chris Wallace busts Tom Cotton for opposing relief checks under Biden after he supported Trump bills www.youtube.com
- 'What in the hell are we doing?': Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton clash ... ›
- 'Absurd': Law enforcement groups 'shocked' after Tom Cotton ... ›
- Watch: Dick Durbin gives Tom Cotton a history lesson — and a ... ›
- Now Tom Cotton wants to ban 'critical race theory' from US military - Alternet.org ›
- Chris Wallace nails Roy Blunt for GOP spending hypocrisy: 'Haven't you lost your credibility' on the deficit? - Alternet.org ›
- Tom Cotton scorched as a 'blood-thirsty fascist' for stunning claim about the criminal justice system - Alternet.org ›
- 'Children in Louisiana are in poverty': Chris Wallace busts GOP senator for opposing child care bill - Alternet.org ›
- 'It's a big lie': Chris Wallace challenges GOPer for refusing to say election wasn't 'stolen' - Alternet.org ›
- 'You're putting country above party?' Chris Wallace calls out Roy Blunt's 'honesty' on Jan. 6 commission - Alternet.org ›
- Potential 2024 candidate Tom Cotton leading GOP charge against "woke ideology" in military - Alternet.org ›