'Snitches': Parler users meltdown after finding out the company shared Capitol riot info with the FBI
According to a report from Mashable, right-wing extremists who migrated over to Parler from Twitter are furious with their new home after learning the social media platform assisted the FBI in finding pictures and videos of violent acts and threats related to the Jan 6th. assault on the nation's Capitol.
According to the report, the revelation from Parler came in a statement attacking other social media sites where, as Mashable explained, "Parler accused the Big Tech companies of trying to scapegoat the right-wing social network in order to avoid accountability for their own roles in what transpired on Jan. 6 when supporters of then-President Donald Trump violently stormed the U.S. Capitol building."
Included in that letter was an admission that Parler "referred violent content and incitement from Parler's platform over 50 times before January 6th" as well as "specific threats of violence."
That set off Parler users, with one responding, "So you are snitches over nothing but democrat conspired bs???"
Another user echoed that sentiment, writing, "I don't like snitches," with another chiming in, "Let's go one further... f*ck Parler, the 'new twitter'."
"I tend to agree. Parler is a disappointing Free Speech platform," wrote a user which led to an approving, "This is NOT an example of a free speech platform. Parler is a fraud."
As for Parler's explanation why they shared info, one commenter stated, "To confirm, you are calling for an investigation into big tech collusion while you are colluding with the FBI against your platform members?"
You can read more here as well as the Wall Street Journal reporting that set off the insurrection against Parler.
- Trump Organization sought 40% ownership stake in far-right social ... ›
- Parler brings together mainstream conservatives and white ... ›
- Parler sued by co-founder who claims right-wing social platform was ... ›
- Former Parler CEO says conservative Dan Bongino owns no shares and got hustled by Rebekah Mercer - Alternet.org ›
- Right-wing propaganda is annihilating the truth about Jan. 6 — Democrats must seize control of the narrative - Alternet.org ›
- Damning timeline details DOD actions before and during the Capitol riot — and it raises more question than answers - Alternet.org ›
- Former GOP activist arrested in connection with Capitol riot — and her Facebook posts are among the evidence - Alternet.org ›
- Self-proclaimed Parler investor Dan Bongino claimed he was leaving Twitter to own the libs. Now he's back - Alternet.org ›
- Horrifying new video shows police being 'dragged into the mob' during Jan. 6 riot - Alternet.org ›