Kevin McCarthy slammed after his latest Dr. Seuss publicity stunt
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) left many Twitter users puzzled when he decided to do a storytime segment while filming himself reading a Dr. Seuss book. According to The Huffington Post, many social media users wondered what McCarthy's purpose was in sharing the post.
I still like Dr. Seuss, so I decided to read Green Eggs and Ham. RT if you still like him too! https://t.co/2pbRbSiJD6— Kevin McCarthy (@Kevin McCarthy) 1614994393.0
Almost immediately after the California lawmaker shared the post, Twitter users began firing back with critical and mocking responses.
One Twitter user even created a parody of the memorable Dr. Seuss book, "Green Eggs and Ham" saying, "They did not ban Green Eggs and Ham I'm full of crap I am I am, So I will grandstand in a box. And I will bulls--t with a fox. And I will showboat in a house. And I will have ethics the size of a mouse. And I will cry wolf here and there. Say! I'm an a--hole anywhere!"
They did not ban Green Eggs and Ham I'm full of crap I am I am So I will grandstand in a box. And I will bullshit w… https://t.co/D50wXo6uBX— Triumph® ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsᴜʟᴛ ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄ ᴅᴏɢ™ Headquarters💩 (@Triumph® ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsᴜʟᴛ ᴄᴏᴍɪᴄ ᴅᴏɢ™ Headquarters💩) 1615007474.0
w t the actual f https://t.co/nYR6KGAg4Z— Lucy Small (@Lucy Small) 1615004908.0
They do not want you in a house They do not help your ailing spouse They will not get grandma vaccine They will not… https://t.co/vy7NFSa4Tc— Candace Valenzuela (@Candace Valenzuela) 1615002972.0
@GOPLeader I notice you aren’t reading the ones the Seuss estate thinks are too offensive to keep publishing. Why is that?— Helen Kennedy (@Helen Kennedy) 1615004741.0
On Friday night, even CNN host Don Lemon offered his take on McCarthy as he highlighted the most perplexing aspects of his post. "While Americans are desperate to get vaccinated and the desperate for COVID relief. Here is what Kevin McCarthy is doing right now," the "CNN Tonight" anchor said.
"That really happened. Those are your Republican leaders," Lemon said while criticizing the Republican lawmaker for having "nothing better to do than 'stoke this fake outrage,'" the publication wrote.
Lemon continued, "It has nothing to do with Democrats, nothing at all. And that particular one by Dr. Seuss is still in distribution, so none of it makes any sense. They are playing you. Are you going to fall for it?"
- Kevin McCarthy admits to pushback against QAnon lawmaker's wild ... ›
- Reporter reveals how top House Republican Kevin McCarthy 'left ... ›
- GOP leader Kevin McCarthy abruptly backtracks from his claim that ... ›
- The GOP's Dr. Seuss distraction is vastly different than the 2009 stimulus derailment strategy — here's how - Alternet.org ›
- McCarthy gets slammed after falsely claiming 'suspected terrorists' have been captured at the Mexico border - Alternet.org ›
- McCarthy planning to introduce resolution pushing for Swalwell's removal from intelligence committee: report - Alternet.org ›
- McCarthy faces Twitter storm after trying to 'rewrite history' of support for Trump's attempted coup - Alternet.org ›