GOP senator slammed for weaseling out of a ticket after Capitol police pull her over
According to a report from CNN's Manu Raju, Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) flashed her congressional pin to avoid getting a ticket from a Capitol police officer then jumped back in the car and told an aide to "drive."
The report states that the "Tennessee Republican hopped in a waiting car along with an aide and made her way down Constitution Avenue. But the car was pulled over by US Capitol Police, before adding, "Blackburn then jumped out of the car, identified herself as a senator and showed the officer her congressional pin, according to a text message and a source familiar with the matter. The officer then let the car go."
No report was filed, however the incident was documented by an aide who texted the senator "hopped out, flashed her pin, hopped back in the car [and] said 'drive!'" before adding, "Officer didn't say a word, just shook his head."
That lead to a flood of comments about Blackburn "jumping out."
@kylegriffin1 If she was black and jumped out, she would've been shot.— KC (@KC) 1616798106.0
@kylegriffin1 The thing that gets me about this article is the bit about Blackburn supposedly in a hurry to “meet c… https://t.co/QU9Ymy3c2R— LJ Hutchinsuch (@LJ Hutchinsuch) 1616821971.0
@kkirk73 @kylegriffin1 Unfortunately, the law doesn't apply to the RePUKElicans.— A Dutiful Dreamer (@A Dutiful Dreamer) 1616799541.0
@GrannyRich @kylegriffin1 An African American woman to be exact.— John McLean (@John McLean) 1616798128.0
@kylegriffin1 So now she’s like trump flash her credentials and she’s above the law. Shame on them.— dotwhit66 (@dotwhit66) 1616801131.0
@kylegriffin1 Law & Order for thee ‼️ None for me ‼️🙄— 🇺🇸 Cruz Thomas 🌎 🐶🌄 (@🇺🇸 Cruz Thomas 🌎 🐶🌄) 1616798033.0
@kylegriffin1 As opposed to be arrested for knocking while black https://t.co/QYqPTkRwWT— Erik Halvorsen (@Erik Halvorsen) 1616800976.0
- Why Marsha Blackburn fell on a grenade for Donald Trump - Alternet ... ›
- GOP Sens. Ron Johnson and Marsha Blackburn are tied to Russian ... ›
- Marsha Blackburn roasted for invoking 'Jesus' to bash Trump ... ›
- Capitol police officers hit Trump with a lawsuit over Jan. 6 insurrection - Alternet.org ›
- Capitol Police received orders to go easy on Capitol rioters: NYT - Alternet.org ›
- GOP congressman slammed for making false emergency calls to Capitol police to test their response time - Alternet.org ›
- 'Holy smokes': Capitol Police IG reveals there is no supervision over law enforcement agency's board - Alternet.org ›
- Capitol Police release the transcription of controversial pre-insurrection remark about anti-Trump protests - Alternet.org ›