Even Trump's biggest Fox News cheerleaders think his impeachment lawyers are doing a terrible job
Donald Trump's lawyers put forth such a flimflam argument to open the Senate's impeachment trial that his biggest sycophants in the right-wing media didn't even bother trying to spin in the disastrous first day.
On Wednesday, Sean Hannity pressed Trump lawyer David Schoen on his team's performance. "I'm not attacking your partner. I don't know him at all, but I like focused arguments."
As Hannity's show closed, Ingraham told her colleague that she was glad to see him press Schoen on Castor's argument.
"Yeah, a little meandering, a little free-associate..." Hannity said of Castor's cringeworthy defense.
Ingraham cut him off. "It was terrible. I'm sorry, it was," she said to Hannity. "You're way too charitable. If you hired that guy in a case that you were paying the bills on, it woulda been like..."
Hannity admitted that he was "a little nervous" at the beginning of Castor's defense.
"How much time can he spend praising the democrats?" Ingraham asked. "The whole thing was, like, a walk down memory lane."
"Sorry," Ingraham continued, "I'm pretty worked up about given what's at stake for the Constitution and the country."
On "Fox & Friends" the next morning, co-host Brian Kilmeade offered a similarly dissatisfied review.
"These are not helpful things that was happening on the president's behalf," Kilmeade spoke for the former president who has gone curiously silent since being booted from Twitter. "You wouldn't blame him if he was upset, but it might've been the president's fault for firing his other attorneys that were doing all the preparing."
Brian Kilmeade on the impeachment defense: "These are not helpful things that was happening on the president's beha… https://t.co/nQ40mZTA4M— Bobby Lewis (@Bobby Lewis)1612959763.0
- Fox News poll delivers devastating news to Trump on Senate ... ›
- Fox News is getting trounced in the public opinion battle over Trump ... ›
- Fox News' coverage of Trump's impeachment trial has been an ... ›
- 'Shameful': Fox News cuts away from Senate trial as shocking footage emerges - Alternet.org ›
- Fox & Friends host makes social distancing 'joke' about horrific crash that killed 13 people mostly from Mexico - Alternet.org ›
- The anatomy of a spin job: How Fox News tried to smear George Floyd protesters after a peaceful night - Alternet.org ›
- Mitch McConnell gets caught off guard when Fox News grills him over GOP support for Trump's election lies - Alternet.org ›