GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger heckles Matt Gaetz after House votes in favor of Liz Cheney
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) quickly fired back at Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) after the House voted in favor of keeping Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wy.) in leadership -- a decision the Florida lawmaker voted against, according to Yahoo! News.
On Wednesday, Feb. 3, Kinzinger shared a clip of Gaetz's interview where he claimed Republican lawmakers had secured enough votes to remove Cheney from leadership. But even with the presumably secured votes, Gaetz suggested that the "Establishment" would avoid bringing a vote to the floor.
During an appearance on Steve Bannon's "War Room", Gaetz said, "My concern is that though today, we have the votes to remove Liz Cheney, somehow the Establishment's going to find a way to kick the question, avoid a vote..."
However, Kinzinger argued otherwise and he also reminded Gaetz how lawmakers actually reached the resolution they arrived at. "No, we voted," Kinzinger tweeted, adding, "You were just wrong by like, a huuuuuge margin."
No we voted. You were just wrong by like, a huuuuuge margin. https://t.co/2iwjlxpB3J— Adam Kinzinger (@Adam Kinzinger)1612405460.0
Kinzinger's remarks came just hours after Gaetz insisted he would be willing to resign from Congress to defend disgraced former President Donald Trump in the upcoming impeachment trial. Gaetz made those remarks during his interview with Bannon, according to Orlando Weekly.
At the time, he said, "I would leave my House seat. I would leave my home."
He added, "I would do anything I had to do to ensure that the greatest president in my lifetime, one of the greatest presidents our country's ever had, maybe the greatest president our country has ever had, got a full-throated defense that wasn't crouched down, that wasn't in fear of losing some moderate Republican senator, but that was worthy of the fight he gave to the great people of this country for four years."
- Matt Gaetz buried in mockery after Nadler shuts down his ... ›
- Matt Gaetz gets unanimously admonished by House Ethics ... ›
- Rep. Matt Gaetz thrills his critics with surprise offer to potentially ... ›
- Family members' wild letter accuses a Republican who voted against Trump of joining the 'devil's army' - Alternet.org ›
- Adam Kinzinger torches Tucker Carlson for insisting he cannot 'locate the famous QAnon' - Alternet.org ›
- GOP rep rips Hawley for his 'smug face' at CPAC after Capitol riot: 'There are five people dead' - Alternet.org ›
- Here's why a GOP congressman declared Trump 'is losing it' after latest broadside - Alternet.org ›
- 'One of the weirdest interviews': Tucker Carlson is baffled after Matt Gaetz addresses sex crime allegation - Alternet.org ›
- GOP rep demands Republican lawmakers address officers' concerns about downplaying the US Capitol insurrection - Alternet.org ›
- Republican congressman believes GOP's ousting of Liz Cheney will backfire - Alternet.org ›
- Republican lawmaker GOP while challenging Kevin McCarthy to 'assert some influence' - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: 'Traitor' Mike Pence heckled by pro-Trump Christians - Alternet.org ›
- 'Trump destroyed': GOP lawmaker Adam Kinzinger pushes back against Pence's comparison of Trump to Reagan - Alternet.org ›
- GOP Rep. Kinzinger reveals suspicions that other Republicans knew about plans for the Jan. 6 insurrection - Alternet.org ›
- Adam Kinzinger slams 'tough guy' GOPers claiming door-to-door vaccines are threatening - Alternet.org ›