Lauren Boebert finally holds her town hall — and the questions are absolutely brutal
After a postponement, Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) held a virtual town hall on Thursday night where she was asked about some of her controversial comments and was eventually asked which prison she would like to go to if she is tried and convicted of treason.
While many questions and comments were supportive, things got off to a relatively bad start with the first question from a woman identified as "Carrie."
"Thank you so much, I'm so excited to speak with you congresswoman," Carrie began. "Just a couple things, first: your incendiary tweets have not addressed the 53,000 cases of COVID in District 3, nor have they addressed the 900 deaths in our district -- it's disgraceful. You have also condoned [Rep.] Marjorie Taylor Greene's incendiary tweets that promoted anti-semitism and racist comments."
"I want to know why you do ---" she continued before abruptly being cut off.
"I want to address COVID relief," the lawmaker inserted before launching into a discussion on "targeted relief" and vaccine availability and ignoring the questions about her tweets as well as those of the controversial Georgia lawmaker who was stripped of her committee assignments on Thursday by House members.
At the fifteen-minute mark, she was asked by a caller identifying herself as "Nicole" where she would like to be incarcerated after being tried for treason, which received a curt "Next question," from Boebert.
You can listen below:
- QAnon congresswoman faces calls for arrest after live-tweeting ... ›
- GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert mocks a mass shooting survivor for not ... ›
- GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert's massive mileage reimbursements to ... ›
- QAnon congresswoman mocked for appearing to not know about amendments to the Constitution - Alternet.org ›
- Lauren Boebert’s right-wing antics are having a surprising impact back home - Alternet.org ›
- Fact-checker blows the lid off Lauren Boebert's tale about a man's death being the reason she carries a gun - Alternet.org ›
- Rep. Boebert makes a baffling and conspiratorial claim, saying the GOP will retake Congress 'before 2022' - Alternet.org ›
- Colorado’s Boebert slammed for fundraising off pro-gun rhetoric within hours of Boulder shooting - Alternet.org ›
- Lauren Boebert mocked for tweeting bizarre Easter message - Alternet.org ›
- GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert inadvertently admits to ‘destroying our freedoms’ in latest Twitter rant - Alternet.org ›
- GOP's Lauren Boebert accused a fellow lawmaker of trying to 'incite a riot' — and it blew up in her face - Alternet.org ›