Liz Cheney blasts Dems for targeting Marjorie Taylor Greene: GOP 'not the party of QAnon' or neo-Nazis
U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY), the third most powerful Republican in the House of Representatives, hypocritically blasted Democrats after the House voted 230-199 to strip Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) of her committee assignments. Only 11 Republicans joined with Democrats to sanction Greene over her racist and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories, dangerous lies, and support for the assassination of Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Accusing Democrats of abusing their power, Cheney released a statement falsely claiming "Republicans are not the party of QAnon conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, Holocaust deniers, or neo-Nazis. These views are evil."
Republicans are the party of those vile and dangerous movements and beliefs.
Ironically Cheney, who won a victory less than 24 hours earlier after far right Republicans lost an attempt to have her expelled from her leadership position, insisted it is the responsibility of Republicans "to address these issues inside our own conference."
It is, but they did not, thanks to House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
Click on tweet for full statement, via National Journal's Josh Kraushaar:
Liz Cheney statement: pic.twitter.com/98d3hq61Ec
— Josh Kraushaar (@HotlineJosh) February 5, 2021
- 'Skeptical is the right word': Dick Cheney's cardiologist explains why ... ›
- Donald Trump is out for revenge — and here's who tops his list ... ›
- Republican Liz Cheney issues blistering statement on Trump — and ... ›
- 'Unacceptable': South Florida GOP members explain why they broke ranks with the party on Marjorie Taylor Greene - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene said she stopped posting conspiracies after her campaign. Surprise, surprise: she lied - Alternet.org ›
- Liz Cheney promises 'many, many criminal investigations' into Trump's 'assault' on the US Capitol - Alternet.org ›