Marketing firm employee fired after wearing company badge while breaching US Capitol
A man has been terminated from his job after wearing his company badge during Trump supporters' breach of the U.S. Capitol. As photos of the chaos began circulating on social media, Twitter users also shared a photo of the man in question.
It did not take long for social media users to do some research and identify the man in the photo. After social media users confirmed the name of the company on his badge, the man's photo was sent to them. Initially, he was placed on administrative leave while the company conducted an investigation. Shortly after his identity was confirmed, the company released a detailed statement about the situation.
This genius wore his work badge while storming the Capitol.🤣🤣🤣 https://t.co/dyJPmFNE7E— RebelArt (@RebelArt)1610022097.0
On Thursday, Jan. 7, his employer Navistar Direct Marketing also released a statement about the viral photo. In a brief Facebook post, the company confirmed he had been terminated because of his actions.
"Navistar Direct Marketing was made aware that a man wearing a Navistar company badge was seen inside the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 during the security breach," the company said in a statement on Thursday. "After review of the photographic evidence the employee in question has been terminated for cause."
While Navistar insisted it supports the right to free speech, the company argued its former employee exhibited "dangerous conduct" by entering the federal building.
The company added, "While we support all employee's right to peaceful, lawful exercise of free speech, any employee demonstrating dangerous conduct that endangers the health and safety of others will no longer have an employment opportunity with Navistar Direct Marketing."
- 'Could be a civil war': Trump supporters refuse to accept Biden will ... ›
- Watch: Angry Trump supporters swarm GOP senator refusing to ... ›
- Watch: Mitt Romney confronted by crazed Trump supporters on ... ›
- 'Murder the media': Photographers release terrifying video of the mob attack outside the Capitol gates - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-Navy SEAL who bragged about 'breaching the Capitol' now claims he's 'not a traitor' after FBI questions him - Alternet.org ›
- Official reveals a right-wing militia plot to 'blow up the Capitol' and 'kill as many members as possible' - Alternet.org ›