'I'm the laughing stock of my family': QAnon believers implode as they watch Biden getting sworn in
President Joe Biden was sworn into office on Wednesday, and some believers in the QAnon conspiracy theory have apparently realized that they have wasted years of their lives believing in a complete fabrication.
As flagged by Jared Holt of Right Wing Watch, a QAnon group chat that occurred during Biden's inauguration found many one-time faithful followers disillusioned with the false claims they had been sold over the last four years.
"Well I'm the official laughing stock of my family now," wrote one. "Awesome."
"OMG none of this was real," wrote another.
NBC News reporter Ben Collins, who has been covering the QAnon phenomenon since it first started gaining traction on social media, has similarly found devotees slowly realizing that they've been had.
"I dont (sic) think this is supposed to happen?" asked one while watching the Biden inauguration. "How long does it take the fed (sic) to run up the stairs and arrest him?"
"It's like being a kid and seeing the big gift under the tree thinking it is exactly what you want only to open it and realize it was a lump of coal," wrote another.
And the Daily Beast's Will Sommer flags a QAnon post that simply reads, "I'm about to puke."
- QAnon congresswoman faces calls for arrest after live-tweeting ... ›
- 'An idiocracy based on a digital prophet': QAnon longs for a fascist ... ›
- 'None of it has come true!' Disillusioned QAnon follower admits she's ... ›
- QAnon congresswoman announces 'I've just filed Articles of Impeachment' on Joe Biden – over debunked conspiracy theory - Alternet.org ›
- 'It’s over and nothing makes sense: QAnon believers struggle to cope with Biden inauguration - Alternet.org ›
- QAnon followers' newest conspiracy theory has them planning a Trump inauguration on March 4th: report - Alternet.org ›
- QAnon was devastated to see Biden on Air Force One because they thought Trump was secretly using it: report - Alternet.org ›