Mitch McConnell adviser offers GOP tips to turn Marjorie Taylor Greene into the 'most useless congressperson'
Appearing on CNN on Sunday morning, a GOP consultant and adviser to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) claimed the Republican Party needs to sideline Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R -GA) immediately before she becomes the face of the party and causes irreparable damage.
Speaking with host Abby Phillip, Scott Jennings said he didn't want to see Greene expelled -- saying that is the job of the voters -- but Republicans need to make sure she is weakened to the point where she is of no value to her constituents.
"I actually don't think she should be expelled because I think voters should decide who represents them, but I think voters need all the information and I think the Republican Party, however, can decide who is allowed to carry its banner," Jennings explained. "I think the party and Kevin McCarthy ought to strip her of her committees, I think they ought to say we are not associated with this person."
"She can be a congressperson but it would become immediately apparent to the people in Georgia that they've got the weakest and most useless congressperson up there because she is not allowed to be associated with one of the two major parties," he added.
CNN 01 31 2021 08 30 07 youtu.be
- Busted? Why the numbers behind Mitch McConnell's re-election don ... ›
- Mitch McConnell slammed for repeatedly sabotaging stimulus ... ›
- 'What's going on?' Mitch McConnell refuses to explain to voters why ... ›
- 'Loony lies and conspiracy theories': Mitch McConnell goes off on Marjorie Taylor Greene - Alternet.org ›
- 'Bad news': GOP campaign consultants are panicking — here's why - Alternet.org ›