‘Pathetic’ NYT reporter blasted for ‘ragingly incompetent’ questioning of Biden press secretary
On Thursday, during the daily White House press briefing, New York Times reporter Michael Shear asked Press Secretary Jen Psaki why, as supposedly evidenced by his start-of-term executive orders reversing policies of former President Donald Trump, President Joe Biden was not trying to unify the country.
"Is unemployment insurance an issue that only Democrats in the country want?" said Psaki, visibly taken aback at the framing of the question. "Or do only Democrats want their kids to go back to schools?"
Shear's question drew harsh criticism on social media, with reporters excoriating how he chose to pose the question and suggesting that it was a leading premise.
- Frontpage videos - Alternet.org ›
- Sanders Gets it Mostly Right on Gaza, but Cheerleaders for Israeli ... ›
- Stunning video shows the contrasts between Sean Spicer and ... ›
- White House press secretary shuts down Fox News' bogus attack on Biden - Alternet.org ›
- Right-wing reporter suggests Biden thinks he's a 'benevolent dictator' — and gets promptly shut down - Alternet.org ›
- White House press secretary mocks reporters for obsessing about GameStop: 'You guys are trying so hard' - Alternet.org ›
- White House press secretary hilariously takes the wind out of a reporter, 'conservative Twitter' and Trump - Alternet.org ›