'QAnon Shaman' once had a career in the Navy that ended over an anti-vax conspiracy
The man seen storming the U.S. Capitol wearing a bull hat with horns was previously booted from the U.S. Navy for refusing to adhere to vaccine requirements.
According to Military.com, Jacob Anthony Angeli Chansley, the 33-year-old Arizona resident arrested and charged for his involvement in the federal building siege, previously declining to take the United States' authorized anthrax vaccine. His refusal to comply ultimately led to the end of his two-year Navy career, the publication reports.
From 2005 to 2007, Chansley, also known as "Jake Angeli" and "QAnon Shaman," served as a Navy supply clerk seaman apprentice. However, Navy officials did not provide any additional information about Chansley's time as an active serviceman.
On Saturday, Jan. 9, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) released a statement detailing the series of events that erupted on Wednesday, Jan. 6. Chansley was charged with "knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted building or grounds without lawful authority, and with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds."
"It is alleged that Chansley was identified as the man seen in media coverage who entered the Capitol building dressed in horns, a bearskin headdress, red, white and blue face paint, shirtless, and tan pants. This individual carried a spear, approximately 6 feet in length, with an American flag tied just below the blade."
The DOJ also noted that "these cases are being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia and investigated by the FBI's Washington Field Office and the United States Capitol Police."
- Woman trampled to death during Capitol riots carried a 'don't tread ... ›
- Trump supporter found dead in Georgia after being charged in ... ›
- GOP Sen. Sasse says Trump was 'delighted' about the Capitol riot ... ›
- QAnon shaman accidentally unravels GOP impeachment defense: 'He came at the request of the president' - Alternet.org ›
- QAnon Shaman is admitting he was 'duped' by Trump — and blaming him for inflaming the Capitol attack - Alternet.org ›
- There's a surprisingly important lesson in the 'QAnon shaman' and his antics behind bars - Alternet.org ›
- 'What do you mean by wrong?' QAnon shaman's mom offers absurd defense of her son storming the US Capitol - Alternet.org ›
- A tiny group of anti-vaxxers are flooding the internet with misinformation - Alternet.org ›
- WATCH: Convervatives' hilarious parody busts key Republicans spreading vaccine disinformation - Alternet.org ›