Shocking video catches Capitol Police member taking selfies with insurrectionists
President Donald Trump's supporters seized the U.S. Capitol, stealing shields and batons and began breaking the windows and began shooting into the House chamber while scared U.S. Representatives and Senators hid under their chairs, some with gas masks on.
Meanwhile, at least one Capitol Police officer was taking selfies with those breaking into the building.
The man was wearing a hat and mask, but his green vest clearly said "Police," and on his sleeve, he had the insignia of the Capitol Police.
The moment was captured while someone was live-streaming the attack on the U.S. Capitol from Trump's rioters.
The DC National Guard was only deployed after being authorized by Trump, but previous requests were said to have been denied, so Virginia and Maryland sent some of their troops to aid the U.S. Capitol while it was under attack.
You can see the shocking video below:
Cops are taking selfies with the terrorists. https://t.co/EjkQ83h1p2— Timothy Burke (@Timothy Burke)1609965774.0
- Watch: 'Idiot' protestor thrown out of Mueller hearing by Capitol Police ›
- Chaos at the Capitol: Trump supporters launch assault as Congress ... ›
- 'What happens in a totalitarian regime': Capitol Police slammed for ... ›
- 'We could have stopped them': Capitol Police officer reportedly says he and others were sent home early - Alternet.org ›
- Congressmember slams Capitol Police for ongoing lack of transparency with lawmakers - Alternet.org ›
- Capitol rioters say an officer told them 'it's your house now' - Alternet.org ›
- At least 13 off-duty law enforcement officials under investigation for participating in Capitol riots - Alternet.org ›
- Former Watergate counsel: Insurrectionist senators are co-conspirators and should not sit in judgment of Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Capitol Police chief apologizes to Congress — admits department's failure amid deadly riots - Alternet.org ›
- New interviews show how Capitol rioters came dangerously close to acting on threats against lawmakers - Alternet.org ›
- Capitol Police on high alert as QAnon believers prepare for Trump's 'true Inauguration Day' - Alternet.org ›