QAnon has a bizarre new conspiracy about Biden's broken foot
Supporters of the QAnon conspiracy theory have come up with yet another bizarre and baseless falsehood following President-elect Joe Biden's (D) foot injury over the weekend.
According to QAnon believers, the medical boot on Biden's foot is part of a coverup to hide the fact that he is wearing an ankle monitor due to an arrest. Newsweek reports QAnon believer Joyce Ramgaties took to Twitter to offer an explanation regarding their outlandish claim.
With the hashtags "QANON" and "#WWG1WGA," Ramgaties tweeted, "Biden has an ankle bracelet. Biden didn't hurt his foot . He's got ankle cuffs on."
Although she offered no further details to back her claims and her tweet has since been deleted from the social network, other QAnon supporters responded in agreement. One Twitter user said, "amazing how common right ankle injuries are with these criminals..."
QAnon influencers are already baselessly claiming Biden having to wear a cast due to a foot injury means he's going… https://t.co/b1aLD3MgSP— Alex Kaplan (@Alex Kaplan)1606697757.0
The latest conspiracy theory follows the release of a statement from Biden's doctor, Kevin O'Connor. Despite QAnon's falsehoods, O'Connor confirmed the reason for Biden's medical boot. Initially, it was suspected that Biden had twisted his ankle playing with his German Shepherd Major, but X-rays revealed the president-elect had actually suffered "tiny fractures of two small bones in the middle of his right foot," according to AP News.
"Initial X-rays are reassuring that there is no obvious fracture and he will be getting an additional CT for more detailed imaging," his doctor, Kevin O'Connor, said in a statement. "It is anticipated that he will likely require a walking boot for several weeks."
- Libertarian journalist explains the links between QAnon and ... ›
- A news outlet argues QAnon has gone beyond a 'conspiracy theory ... ›
- Is Kayleigh McEnany sending secret messages to QAnon? Here's ... ›
- Experts warn right-wing conspiracies are the driving force behind 'mass radicalization' - Alternet.org ›
- Pro-QAnon congresswoman-elect urges House Republicans to defy Electoral College results - Alternet.org ›
- How Dan Brown turned my parents into QAnoners - Alternet.org ›
- 'None of this stuff has come true!': Disillusioned QAnon follower admits she's starting to lose faith - Alternet.org ›
- The temper tantrum of the privileged and the Democrats' pitfall - Alternet.org ›
- QAnon was devastated to see Biden on Air Force One because they thought Trump was secretly using it: report - Alternet.org ›
- WATCH: Biden leaves conservative reporter speechless after bringing up the GOP's QAnon problem - Alternet.org ›