Republicans made their own worst nightmare come true in the most lurid way imaginable
Yeah, so remember the nonsense that proto-Trump nitwit Sarah Palin spewed about "death panels" back when the Affordable Care Act was being debated?
Like most of what she said, it was too crazy to believe. I mean, seriously. Rationing lifesaving care in America? Pfft. Like that would ever happ …
Oh, what fresh hell is this?
2) LA county had warned about this likelihood last week and begin preparing LA hospitals for this. It has now begun. https://t.co/eVlkiWVPTN— Eric Feigl-Ding (@Eric Feigl-Ding)1609110143.0
4) Search ICU capacity near you— it’s incredibly sobering. https://t.co/WmTqAnMwjf— Eric Feigl-Ding (@Eric Feigl-Ding)1609110489.0
6) CA lockdowns are set by ICU levels. Any regions. Any area that drops below 15% ICU capacity will trigger a lockd… https://t.co/Q0jnwWWvaz— Eric Feigl-Ding (@Eric Feigl-Ding)1609111280.0
7) for those who still dismiss #COVID19 as the flu, here is how it is different. Note the log axis. The difference… https://t.co/1m6bWwGeFD— Eric Feigl-Ding (@Eric Feigl-Ding)1609111520.0
Leave it to Republicans to make their own worst, totally fabricated nightmares come true in the most lurid way imaginable.
By the way, here's the bit that's circled in red in the first tweet:
2. If a patient becomes ill and the doctor believes the patient needs extra care in an ICU or needs mechanical ventilation (breathing machine), their case will be reviewed, along with other patient cases, to determine how these resources should be shared throughout the hospital.
3. If a patient becomes extremely sick and very unlikely to survive his/her illness (even with life-saving treatment) — limited medical resources may go to treat other patients who are more likely to survive.
a. If a ventilator or ICU care is not offered or is stopped, the patient has the right to ask their doctor for further detail concerning this decision and will receive everything they need to ensure they are comfortable and free of pain or discomfort.
Okay, that doesn't sound good.
To my dying day (which could be soon if Donald Trump and his Pestilence Patrol have their way), I'll never understand how the same people who nearly shat a lung over Terri Schiavo could be so blasé about the lives of thousands of perfectly healthy people who didn't need extraordinary lifesaving measures until the coronavirus put Trump on retainer as its top PR flack.
But then they live in a rarefied world, don't they? Who am I to question the wisdom of a holier-than-moi conservative?
- 'Going to get a lot of people killed': COVID cases soar to new heights ... ›
- Texas critical care doctor says nurses won't get COVID vaccine for ›
- No more ICU beds at the main public hospital in the nation's largest ... ›