'No bombshells': Lawyer in Trump's PA election battle admitted lawsuits ‘will not reverse this election’
Marc A. Scaringi may be representing the Trump campaign amid its post-election legal battle in Pennsylvania, but just days before taking the case, he actually admitted that the president's efforts are in vain.
Shortly after the election was called for President-elect Joe Biden, Scaringi shared his reaction to the 2020 election during a discussion on his own iHeartRadio podcast. According to the Harrisburg, PA, lawyer, litigation efforts will not prove effective in overturning the result of the election.
"At the end of the day, in my view, the litigation will not work," Scaringi said on November 7. "It will not reverse this election."
During that same segment, Scaringi also admitted that Trump's efforts to undermine Biden's presidency would be futile. He also criticized the Trump campaign's lawsuits as he admitted there were "no bombshells" that would merit the results being questioned or overturned.
"In my opinion, there really are no bombshells that are about to drop that will derail a Biden presidency, including these lawsuits," he said during his Nov. 7 show.
But, Scaringi did not stop there. He even admitted that had "been saying since Wednesday morning that Biden would win." While he acknowledged that some of Trump's legal challenges "had merit," it would not be enough to sway the election.
Now, just days after Scaringi's admission, he is playing a key role in Trump's Pennsylvania legal battle. The latest development comes just days after a U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit ruling decided Pennsylvania voters and one congressional candidate "could not use certain constitutional arguments to back their claims that some voters were disadvantaged by changes to election rules spurred by the coronavirus pandemic and U.S. Postal System delays."
- Trump-appointed judge smacks down the president's campaign in ... ›
- Trump campaign abandoned by law firm defending its Pennsylvania ... ›
- Here's how Trump's new Pennsylvania lawsuit ultimately admits ... ›
- Pennsylvania judge has heard enough from Rudy Giuliani —cancels scheduled evidentiary hearing - Alternet.org ›
- Trump legal adviser hypes'promising' Pennsylvania case on Fox News — hours after judge tossed it out - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s election lawsuits aren’t as ‘dumb’ as you think — they’re even worse: attorney - Alternet.org ›