Parler: The alternative social network that's got America's right wing talking
Parler is the number one app in the USA right now. After Donald Trump's defeat in the US presidential election, the alternative social network popular with conservatives saw downloads soar on Apple and Android. Its success relies notably on a supposed "freedom of speech," behind which often lies unbridled racism. So what exactly is this platform that's proving popular with America's far right?The Parler app -- free to download for iOS and Android -- topped the download lists, Monday, November 9, ahead of TikTok and Twitter. However, despite having almost 40,000 reviews on Google Play, the soci...
- 'Growing' extremist QAnon movement is being 'weaponized' to 'boost ... ›
- Fox News fans revolt after Brit Hume smacks Trump's China ... ›
- 'We will kill you': Video shows what the Proud Boys 'gang' is really like ›
- Parler brings together mainstream conservatives and white supremacists as millions of Trump supporters join platform - Alternet.org ›
- Right-wingers on Parler call for civil war after SCOTUS dumps Trump's election fraud case - Alternet.org ›