Religious 'hypocrite' Marco Rubio tweets scripture — gets avalanche of Bible lessons
The moral hypocrisy connected to Americans who call themselves God-fearing and Christian, but who also vote for and support Trump and other Republican leaders is well documented. It is hard to argue with someone who believes that a forced-birther stance, devoid of any other moral consistency, somehow immunizes one from a harsh Judeo-Christian judgement. A person like that, say a Sen. Marco Rubio type, will say one truthful-sounding thing, while acting in a truly morally bankrupt way. In fact, Rubio's entire post-Trump career seems to consist of making statements that expose the stark hypocrisy at the heart of the Republican Christian myth.
On Sunday, Marco Rubio went on line to do the thing he likes to do, pick out something in his Bible and then cut and paste it into a tweet to pretend he is both smart and Christian. Today's statement comes from the Hebrew Bible, or the Old-Testament, from the prophet Isaiah* "Why do you make us wander, LORD, from your ways,and harden our hearts so that we do not fear you?" Deep stuff, right? of course, almost anyone with the ability to read that quote is also endowed with all kinds of braincells that far exceed Marco Rubio's brain capacity. I'm not positive but I believe Marco's mental and moral decline can be scientifically connected to the disappearance of a spine.
Needless to say, the responses to this ridiculous missive from a man attempting to promote the moral superiority of Donald Trump to anyone opened the floodgates for a historically epic ratio.
There was the basic reminder of how Bible verses can be used, especially when they are given even more context.
@marcorubio Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 1 John 2:9— Jim Sype (@Jim Sype)1606662112.0
Of course, the entirety of the Western literary canon is influenced by these books that Marco likes to cut and paste.
@marcorubio Being a Sunday: “SOCIALISM is, in fact, a form of Christianity ---- people wishing to imitate Christ.”… https://t.co/fgYcPKAVQl— Frank Amari (@Frank Amari)1606661732.0
And a very simple statement of truth.
@marcorubio Hypocrite— Jack (@Jack)1606662051.0
And a little kapow!
@marcorubio Because you’re Republicans.— Thom Hartmann (@Thom Hartmann)1606668800.0
@marcorubio While I may not be a religious person, I can clearly see when someone is bullshitting their way with fa… https://t.co/SIWdio0SuW— Welcome Back America ✌🏻🇺🇸 (@Welcome Back America ✌🏻🇺🇸)1606663032.0
And a more factual, religiously-inclusive take.
@marcorubio That’s not the Lord doing that. That’s this dude: https://t.co/w2yOr4uhmS— Negrodamus 🧙🏾♂️ (@Negrodamus 🧙🏾♂️)1606662851.0
Here's a fun visual take using everyone's favorite book, Exodus!
@marcorubio . . . . . . . . . "The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.” - Exodus 14:1… https://t.co/uhUhb5Lx3k— Lady Themis (@Lady Themis)1606661906.0
And finally, what I kind of believe to be one of the great replies in the 21st century.
@marcorubio Marco is a collaborator. Jen 24:7-365— jen pal (@jen pal)1606665093.0
*Isaiah and George Soros were both Jews! Weird, right?
- Marco Rubio posts a revolting and dangerous tweet as tensions with ... ›
- 'Pathetic': Miami Herald blasts Marco Rubio's lukewarm response to ... ›
- Resurfaced 2012 video proves very awkward for Marco Rubio: 'An ... ›
- ‘Triggered’ Marco Rubio blasted for criticizing Biden official’s 'accurate' description of Republicans - Alternet.org ›
- Columnist brutally mocks Marco Rubio -- who has suddenly discovered a disdain for profanity - Alternet.org ›
- Rubio slammed for receiving COVID vaccine before many frontline healthcare workers after downplaying virus - Alternet.org ›
- 'The trial is stupid': Marco Rubio battles Chris Wallace over Trump's insurrection impeachment - Alternet.org ›
- Marco Rubio scorched for blaming media for QAnon Congresswoman's spread of conspiracy theories and lies - Alternet.org ›
- Marco Rubio slammed for demanding ‘work requirement’ for parents to get child poverty check - Alternet.org ›
- Here's how Marco Rubio turned the Senate Intelligence Committee into a Trump defensive team - Alternet.org ›