Georgia senator blatantly breaks Senate rules while live on air with Fox News
Sen. Kelly Loeffler, installed by voter-suppressing Republican Gov. Brian Kemp in 2020 as a U.S. senator after Johnny Isakson resigned due to health reasons, is in one of two Georgia Senate runoffs. Her less-than-a-year record is only remarkable in how quickly she was able to prove to the world that she is a corrupt POS. Her handling of the coronavirus pandemic, besides being as misinforming and racist and bad as the rest of the Republican Party, was also highlighted, along with her Republican runoff mate David Perdue, by proof that she profited off of misinforming the public.
Loeffler explains that "dark liberal money" is "pouring into" Georgia. What can the Fox News viewer do as they watch an elected official standing in the halls of the Senate? "They can visit Kelly for Senate dot com and chip in five or ten bucks and get involved." In the "General Prohibitions" section of the U.S. Senate's ethics on campaign activity, the rules are very clear. "Senate Members and staff may not receive or solicit campaign contributions in any federal building." And to be clear, the first thing in the campaign activities section of the ethics rules says: "Senate employees are free to engage in campaign activity, as volunteers or for pay, provided they do so on their own time, outside of Senate space, and without using Senate resources."
Democratic Party of Georgia spokesman Alex Floyd called Loeffler's appearance on Fox News "yet another example of how Senator Kelly Loeffler is looking out for herself. It's been months since Senator Loeffler has taken action to help Georgians impacted by the pandemic, and instead of using her time in Washington to fight for coronavirus relief, she's doing what she thinks is best for her political campaign."
Loeffler Fundraises in the Halls of Congress www.youtube.com
- No one can believe this GOP senator's embarrassing ad is real ... ›
- Matt Gaetz accuses GOP's Kelly Loeffler of bribing Trump with $50 ... ›
- Records suggest Sen. Kelly Loeffler took advantage of a Trump tax ... ›
- How losing viewers to other right-wing outlets might force Fox News to feature less Trumpian reporting - Alternet.org ›
- Will Georgia's most corrupt GOP senator please stand up? - Alternet.org ›
- Fed-up GOP donors may withhold money from Georgia senate races if party doesn’t make Trump concede: report - Alternet.org ›
- Roger Stone-allied super PAC threatens to torpedo Senate GOP in Georgia if they don’t save Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: GOP voters corner RNC chair on why they should turn out in Georgia runoff 'when it's already decided' - Alternet.org ›
- Here is the best argument yet for crushing Republicans in Georgia's Senate race - Alternet.org ›
- 'I don't believe you': Georgia senators face backlash after claiming to support $2K stimulus checks - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News host claims Blacks were 'captured' and blames 'African-American culture' after Georgia runoffs - Alternet.org ›