'It's an embarrassment': President-elect Biden scorches Trump for his refusal to concede
Three days after the Associated Press, CNN and other major media outlets reported that Joe Biden had an insurmountable lead in the Pennsylvania vote count and had been elected president of the United States, President Donald Trump still refused to concede. He insisted that he was the real winner, and he claimed, without merit, that the election had been stolen from him through rampant voter fraud — even as his lawsuits based on these claims were repeatedly thrown out by courts.
On Tuesday at a press conference in Wilmington, Delaware, President-elect Biden was asked about Trump's refusal to concede, and he spoke his mind.
Biden told a reporter, "I just think it's an embarrassment, quite frankly…. I think it will not help the president's legacy."
President-elect Biden on Trump’s refusal to concede: I just think it’s an embarrassment quite frankly https://t.co/BeA84HO4KS— Acyn Torabi (@Acyn Torabi)1605038297.0
The president-elect added, "I know, from my discussions with foreign leaders thus far, that they are hopeful that the United States' democratic institutions are viewed once again as being strong and enduring. But I think at the end of the day, it's all going to come to fruition on January 20. And between now and then, I hope that…. the American people do understand that there has been a transition. Even among Republicans who are people who voted for the president, I understand the sense of loss. I get that. But I think the majority of the people who voted for the president — a lot voted for him, a significantly smaller number, but a lot voted for him — I think they understand that we have to come together. I think they're ready to unite."
- Joe Biden's simple argument for his candidacy blows Trump out of ... ›
- Biden brings the fire in speech attacking Trump: 'Our wartime ... ›
- joe biden – Alternet.org ›
- Joe Biden jokes about inappropriate touching during a speech ... ›
- This is the most important election in human history — and Joe ... ›
- Biden's DNC speech made it crystal clear that he 'means business ... ›
- Six takeaways from Joe Biden's Iowa speech eviscerating Donald ... ›
- Here are 4 key takeaways from Joe Biden's surprising acceptance ... ›
- GOP candidate John James starts high-dollar legal fund to challenge Michigan election loss - Alternet.org ›
- Trump is desperately backpedaling after accidentally admitting Biden won - Alternet.org ›
- 'Substantial evidence': Mueller prosecutor explains why Biden could be forced to prosecute Trump - Alternet.org ›
- White House staffers are avoiding the Oval Office ‘for fear of crossing’ a ‘temperamental’ Trump: report - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump vows to ‘never concede’ in late night conspiracy-filled rant - Alternet.org ›