Fed-up GOP donors may withhold money from Georgia senate races if party doesn’t make Trump concede: report
The New York Times reports that some wealthy business leaders are getting tired of Trump refusing to even allow the presidential transition process to begin and mulling a variety of ways to force the GOP to tell the president that it's time to accept reality.
"As a way of gaining leverage over the G.O.P., some of the executives have also discussed withholding campaign donations from the two Republican Senate candidates in Georgia unless party leaders agree to push for a presidential transition," the Times' sources claim.
In addition to potentially withholding donations, the business leaders are sending a letter to General Services Administration chief Emily Murphy which demands that she recognize President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris as the winners of the 2020 race.
"Every day that an orderly presidential transition process is delayed, our democracy grows weaker in the eyes of our own citizens and the nation's stature on the global stage is diminished," the executives' letter states. "Withholding resources and vital information from an incoming administration puts the public and economic health and security of America at risk."
- 'Epidemic of delusion' plagues Republicans desperate to win ... ›
- Georgia senator blatantly breaks Senate rules while live on air with ... ›
- Will Georgia's most corrupt GOP senator please stand up? - Alternet ... ›
- Roger Stone-allied super PAC threatens to torpedo Senate GOP in Georgia if they don’t save Trump - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: GOP voters corner RNC chair on why they should turn out in Georgia runoff 'when it's already decided' - Alternet.org ›
- Here is the best argument yet for crushing Republicans in Georgia's Senate race - Alternet.org ›
- Welcome to 'Crazytown': An unprecedented frenzy in Georgia shows how democracy breaks down - Alternet.org ›
- The key to the Senate majority could come down to overlooked voters in Georgia - Alternet.org ›
- Trump sends ominous threat to fellow Republicans if Georgia doesn't overturn Biden's win - Alternet.org ›
- 'Embarrassing': Georgia Republican Raffensperger scorches GOP senators as the party devolves into infighting - Alternet.org ›
- Rand Paul and Newt Gingrich let slip the truth: They fear voters will 'affect the outcome' in Georgia races - Alternet.org ›
- A mysterious super PAC draws scrutiny in the heated Georgia runoffs - Alternet.org ›
- Trump tells followers to vote in Georgia's 'illegal and invalid' Senate elections - Alternet.org ›
- This conservative pundit has hard truths for the GOP about 'what really happened in Georgia' - Alternet.org ›