Fox News' Brian Kilmeade urges Trump to cooperate with Biden's transition team
Fox News' Brian Kilmeade pushed back against President Donald Trump's effort to delay the transition of power for the incoming Biden administration.
During the network's Wednesday morning segment of "Fox & Friends," Kilmeade assessed the current state of Trump's legal battle in Pennsylvania. Although the news anchor left the door open for the possibility Trump's campaign will produce some type of favorable result by the end of the week, he admitted that it is time for the president's administration to begin working with Biden's transition team.
"Here's the thing, I think for the president of the United States, while he continues to fight on, and this is probably going to be the end of the week for Pennsylvania if they don't produce something," Kilmeade said.
He also admitted that cooperating with the transition process would be the most effective way of doing what is best for the country. Kilmeade also shared examples of how the Trump administration could contribute to a peaceful transfer of power including cooperation on the coronavirus pandemic and national security.
"I think it's going to, in the country's best interest, if he starts coordinating on the virus, starts coordinating with security with the Biden team," Kilmeade continued. "And just brief them, because, on the virus, we're going to be able to get this out as soon as two weeks. We need to coordinate on the transportation and implementation, and you'll see how thorough the planning has been so we don't drop the ball in a little while."
For two weeks now, the White House has refused to acknowledge Biden's win due to Trump's post-election legal battle and his attempts to undermine the integrity of the 2020 presidential election.
Watch the video below:
👀 KILMEADE: "It’s in 🇺🇸’s best interest if Trump starts coordinating with Biden on COVID & security so we don't dro… https://t.co/XUBti6x2yG— The Tennessee Holler (@The Tennessee Holler) 1605706506.0
- Listen: Trump flips out after Fox host tells him his former intel chief ... ›
- Former Obama DHS chief schools Fox & Friends' Brian Kilmeade ... ›
- 'What a disaster': Fox & Friends' Brian Kilmeade battles his co-hosts ... ›
- How losing viewers to other right-wing outlets might force Fox News to feature less Trumpian reporting - Alternet.org ›
- Trump undercuts official who delayed transition as she gets slammed for 'unprofessional' letter - Alternet.org ›
- Biden's transition team fires back denying both sides agreed to Pentagon's holiday halt of meetings - Alternet.org ›