Ivanka Trump could be targeted for multiple corruption investigations after her dad leaves office
President Donald Trump's scurrilous attacks on Joe Biden's son could turn the spotlight onto his eldest daughter's shady dealings.
Ivanka Trump, who's a senior adviser in the White House alongside her husband Jared Kushner, has been the subject of repeated ethics complaints detailing her alleged corruption, according to The Daily Beast's Dean Obeidallah.
"If Hunter Biden had received a lucrative deal from a foreign country on the very same day his then-vice president father was meeting with the leader of that foreign country, Trump — and many in the media — would be calling that out as sleazy and possibly illegal," Obeidallah writes. "But Ivanka Trump has done that and worse and we don't hear a peep."
The non-partisan watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics (CREW) has been tracking Ivanka Trump's unethical conduct back to early 2017, and has filed complaints covering, among other things, her dealings with China and asked for an investigation into her and Kushner's real estate holdings.
"In April 2017, on the very same day Trump dined with Chinese President Xi Jinping, the Chinese government granted preliminary approval for Ivanka's long-sought-after trademarks for her namesake fashion brand," Obeidallah writes.
"Another jaw-dropping example of possible blatant corruption, as CREW detailed, came when Ivanka received preliminary approval for additional trademarks from China's government on June 7, 2018," he adds. "What else happened on June 7, 2018? Her father agreed to lift sanctions against the massive Chinese telecommunication company ZTE, which is partly owned by the Chinese government. The Trumps aren't even trying to hide the conflicts!"
CREW has asked the Department of Justice whether Ivanka Trump and her husband personally benefited from a new tax law that she had worked on, and the watchdog is cataloguing possible violations right up through last week — when she allegedly violated the Hatch Act eight times in 48 hours.
"These allegations demand a full investigation to determine Ivanka and her father's possible role in these sweetheart deals," Obeidallah writes. "Despite what Donald and Ivanka may believe, just because your last name is Trump does not mean you are above the law."
- A wave of reports expose Trumpworld corruption as the president's allies point fingers - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump Jr. and Ivanka are ‘ready to be next in line if their father goes’: report - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump’s ex-best friend reveals an appalling example of her anti-Muslim views - Alternet.org ›
- Here's how Ivanka Trump reacted to a bombshell report about a criminal investigation involving her - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump distances self from dad's election fraud claims as her own legal jeopardy grows - Alternet.org ›
- What will American politics be like after Trump? That question assumes he's going away - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump’s childhood pal reveals what their former friends think of her scathing tell-all - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump in ‘extremely frantic damage control mode’ after father's loss: columnist - Alternet.org ›
- Trump's legal woes are looming — will Ivanka snitch on her father? - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump wants to be the ‘first female president’ — but there’s one major obstacle - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump deposed in DC attorney general's inauguration lawsuit involving Trump hotel - Alternet.org ›
- 'They broke the law': DC attorney general rebuts Ivanka Trump's attack over inauguration case - Alternet.org ›
- 'Sit this one out': Critics blast Ivanka Trump for claiming 'lockdowns are not grounded in science' - Alternet.org ›
- Before Trump turned against China, he echoed Xi Jinping’s deceptive COVID-19 'happy talk': author - Alternet.org ›
- Jared Kushner leaves taxpayers with $24K hotel bill after earning millions in the White House - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka's shoemaker racks up $1.5 million in unpaid rent as Trump Tower tenants ‘implode’: report - Alternet.org ›
- How Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump 'hijacked' the White House's COVID-19 response -- according to Stephanie Grisham - Alternet.org ›
- 'Under the gun': Columnist argues that Trump's biggest reason to run in 2024 is staying ‘out of jail’ - Alternet.org ›
- Where was Ivanka? Calls grow for Trump daughter’s texts after Lindsey Graham reveals Jan. 6 contacts - Alternet.org ›
- Trump Jr and Ivanka are refusing to comply with NY AG’s subpoenas: report - Alternet.org ›
- ‘Something is seriously wrong’: Critics are horrified Trump may run for president again to protect himself - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump must be feeling the heat — will she turn on her father? - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump responds to committee’s invite by saying she called for end to violence - Alternet.org ›
- Jan. 6 committee invited Ivanka Trump to speak with them weeks ago — she still hasn’t bothered to show up - Alternet.org ›
- Jan. 6 committee may subpoena Ivanka Trump to testify in 'dramatic escalation' after she ignores request: Report - Alternet.org ›
- Donald Trump's Washington DC hotel officially sold off - Alternet.org ›
- 'Incredibly bitter and angry': Filmmaker opens up about Trump kids' reaction to 2020 loss - Alternet.org ›
- Ivana Trump’s Bedminster burial site might be a secret tax windfall, experts say - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka snubs Trump’s speech and tries to distance herself from his campaign — after he 'begged' her to come - Alternet.org ›
- Ivanka Trump throws family under the bus in fraud case: 'Other individuals were responsible' - Alternet.org ›
- Newly declassified files reveal FBI called for a 'preliminary inquiry' into Ivana Trump: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'A little late in the game': Ivanka Trump’s distancing from family won’t clear her legal troubles - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-staffer describes Trump fantasizing about sex with Ivanka - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s 'underlying conduct' is 'beneath the bar' for an American president: ex-GOP governor Chris Christie - Alternet.org ›