Kamala Harris laughs out loud in 60 Minutes reporter's face when asked if she's advocating a 'socialist perspective'
Democratic Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris didn't hold back when confronted by a CBS News reporter asking if she's pushing a socialist agenda. She laughed out loud at the reporter's suggestion.
"What I will do, and I promise you this, this is what Joe wants me to do," the California Senator, speaking about her running mate, told "60 Minutes" correspondent Norah O'Donnell.
"This was part of our deal. I will always share with him my lived experience as it relates to any issue that we confront. And I promised Joe that I will give him that perspective and always be honest with him."
O'Donnell's response, which was panned on social media, forced Senator Harris to laugh in her face.
"And is that a socialist or progressive perspective?" O'Donnell asked.
"No," Harris replied, breaking out in laughter suggesting she thought the question was absurd.
"It is the perspective of a woman who grew up a Black child in America, who was also a prosecutor, who also has a mother who arrived here at the age of 19 from India, who also like hip-hop," Harris continued, still laughing. "What do you want to know?"
This clip of Kamala discussing how her unique lived experience can inform a Biden presidency, & Norah pivoting hard with a right wing talking point, is a journey pic.twitter.com/zaJFgwPfqd
— Adam Blickstein (@AdamBlickstein) October 26, 2020
- From pandemics to climate change, the real problem is capitalism itself ›
- Trump campaign to pivot attacks on Kamala Harris after Biden ... ›
- Kamala Harris rejects 'Democratic socialist' label during campaign ... ›
- CBS hires 24-hour security for Lesley Stahl after she receives death threats following Trump interview - Alternet.org ›
- These Republican senators personally congratulated Harris on winning VP — while publicly denying Biden won - Alternet.org ›