CNN’s Chris Cuomo rips Bill Barr after shocking video surfaces: ‘He’s damned by his own words’
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo on Thursday blasted Attorney General Bill Barr.
Cuomo played a video of Rep. Pramila Jayapal questioning the attorney general, which has new importance after the plot to kidnap or murder Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI).
In the clip, Rep. Jayapal grilled Barr about widely reported press accounts of the armed takeover of the Michigan state capitol.
At least two of the men arrested appeared at the rally.
Michigan Attorney General's Office confirms that the first and third men (from left) in this April 30 photo of arme… https://t.co/EjLszAwSpB— Chad Livengood (@Chad Livengood)1602196231.0
"He's damned by his own words," Cuomo declared.
"These people were investigating it at the same time. A sitting governor, over a dozen bad guys, months of planning, murderous intent, derivative of the main domestic terror threat we face," he explained. "And he's clueless? How? How is that okay?"
- Bill Barr is taking us down a dangerous road - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Barr just torpedoed Trump's claims that the election was stolen - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Barr reveals he appointed a special counsel in secret — but he may have made a key mistake - Alternet.org ›
- Why Bill Barr will go down as the second-biggest loser of the Trump era - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Barr sued by watchdog for records in potential DOJ corruption scheme - Alternet.org ›
- New 'weapons of mass destruction' charges filed against accused Whitmer kidnap plotters - Alternet.org ›
- Will Bill Barr get away with covering up treason for HW Bush, Reagan and now Trump? - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-Miami prosecutor who ran the US Capitol riots probe loved by Barr — but then hit a snag - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Barr waged a 'highly unusual' secret court battle with CNN to obtain reporter's email logs - Alternet.org ›
- Two charged in terror plot to avenge Trump's election loss: 'I want to blow up a democrat building' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Chris Cuomo should be fired': CNN host faces backlash for his role in a damning report on his brother - Alternet.org ›