Bill Barr quietly buries DOJ report that undermines Trump's Obamagate conspiracy
U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr and Republicans' pseudo "unmasking" investigation into Former President Barack Obama has not only come up short—it has come up completely empty.
Barr-appointed U.S. Attorney John Bash concluded his investigative report into Obama-era officials to determine if President Donald Trump was really spied on as he claimed he was.
Unfortunately, for Trump, Bash concluded the investigative review without any criminal charges or the release of a public report detailing his findings, according to The Washington Post. As a result of Bash's findings, Barr is reportedly working to keep the document away from the public because it could likely exonerate Obama and refute Trump's claims.
"Bash's team was focused not just on unmasking, but also on whether Obama-era officials provided information to reporters, according to people familiar with the probe, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive investigation. But the findings ultimately turned over to Barr fell short of what Trump and others might have hoped, and the attorney general's office elected not to release them publicly, the people familiar with the matter said. The Washington Post was unable to review the full results of what Bash found. - The Washington Post
On multiple occasions, President Donald Trump has spoken publicly about the "Obamagate scandal" despite having no evidence that such a scandal actually exists.
During a previous press conference in the Rose Garden, Trump was asked about his Mother's Day tweet storm. While the rest of the country celebrated the day, Trump was focused on Obamagate.
When asked what Obamagate is, Trump simply said, "You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious." Then, the president pivoted to criticizing the media for not releasing reports on the alleged "crimes."
'You know what the crime is': Trump stumped on Obamagate detailswww.youtube.com
No specific details about Bash's investigative findings have been released to the public.
- ‘This is a serious matter’: DOJ probe of Barr’s client was halted a week after his AG nomination - Alternet.org ›
- Advisers are scrambling to stop ‘livid’ Trump from firing Bill Barr: report - Alternet.org ›
- Trump 'erupted' at Bill Barr during 'angry' meeting earlier this week: report - Alternet.org ›
- Trump's attorney general mulling his 'you can't fire me, I quit' moment — but the damage is already done - Alternet.org ›
- Why Bill Barr will go down as the second-biggest loser of the Trump era - Alternet.org ›
- 'Irrelevant to the course of justice': CNN reports Bill Barr dismissed Trump’s tweets as ‘the deposed king ranting’ - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Barr is out — and leaves behind a stunning letter - Alternet.org ›
- Bill Barr was Trump's biggest enabler — but his real legacy is even darker - Alternet.org ›
- 'We were complicit': Former Trump DOJ lawyer deeply regrets working for the president - Alternet.org ›