Watch: Eric Trump clumsily claimed the LGBTQ community loves his father — it did not go well
In an awkward "Fox & Friends" interview Eric Trump claimed the LGBTQ community "loves" his father, but his clumsy claim left some thinking he had just come out on national television.
The Fox News morning crew read excerpts of a New York Times op-ed from a 50-year old Manhattan woman, Chris, who is "gay," as Ainsley Earhardt said, but "doesn't want to give her last name." The LGBTQ woman praised Trump because her investments have increased in value and the price of gas has come down.
At the end, Eric Trump tried to capitalize on the opportunity of the moment.
It did not go well.
"Ainsley, that person's there, I'm telling you I see it every day. The LGBT community they are incredible and you should see how they've come out in full force for my father every single day. I'm part of that community and we love the man and thank you for protecting our neighborhoods and protecting our cities," Eric Trump said.
To some, it sounded like he had just come out.
But apparently he was – very clumsily – quoting some unnamed, likely hypothetical LGBTQ person.
Take a look at some of the comments.
eric trump coming out is not the birthday gift this homosexual wanted— Bobby Lewis (@Bobby Lewis) 1601382224
@daveweigel that was not clear to me but i am happy to read a plausible explanation to make some sense of this— Bobby Lewis (@Bobby Lewis) 1601383352
@LaurieInQueens @revrrlewis So is Eric apparently.— Aღanda (@Aღanda) 1601382111
@revrrlewis “Thank you for protecting our neighborhoods, thank you for protecting our cities”... Does he think LGB… https://t.co/IT5DHqVkg0— Lorne (@Lorne) 1601381877
@Salacia_sea @revrrlewis Or bisexual, I suppose.— Dave Littler 🇺🇦 (@Dave Littler 🇺🇦) 1601383263
@revrrlewis Eric can’t even pander to Democratic demographics correctly. What a dope.— Democrats Were Right About This Years Ago (@Democrats Were Right About This Years Ago) 1601382509
@revrrlewis Time to pander to anything they can right before the election. Where were they for the past 4 years lmao— Rob (@Rob) 1601382689
- A brutal supercut exposes the Trump family's brazen lying about his record on LGBTQ rights - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump mocked after he simply can't believe Biden won 80 million votes: 'That's how loathsome your father is' - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump hit with avalanche of tweets after insisting liberal 'cancel culture' to blame for Trump blowback - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump gets pilloried after giving away the game about the Trump Org indictment on live TV - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump melts down on Fox News because he's getting 'subpoena after subpoena after subpoena' - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump gets a history lesson on his father’s golf-and-travel habit after slamming Biden for traveling to Delaware home - Alternet.org ›
- Pulitzer-winning reporter on the criminal Trump regime: 'This was thievery — plain and simple' - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump gets slammed on Twitter after bizarre Fox News rant about his dad and the Constitution - Alternet.org ›
- 'Incredibly dumb': Former federal prosecutor mocks Eric Trump for telling NY AG 'we are prosecuting you' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Unbelievable': White House reporter refutes Eric Trump’s bogus claim his father worked '24 hours a day' - Alternet.org ›
- Distraught Eric Trump calls for prosecutors to investigate Hillary Clinton: 'They’ll go after my father for nothing' - Alternet.org ›
- Eric Trump’s bizarre attack on Biden fumbles after he’s called out for one glaring mistake - Alternet.org ›
- 'Making things a whole lot worse': Eric Trump mocked on Twitter after accidental confession about his father - Alternet.org ›
- 'Child abuse': Eric Trump clobbered for admitting he forces his kids to recite the Pledge of Allegiance - Alternet.org ›