Trump fact-checked as 'quite delusional' at rally that Fox News did not even air
President Donald Trump was visibly agitated during a Saturday evening campaign rally outside Reno, Nevada.
Trump bragged about having a huge crowd in spite of the COVID-19 pandemic. Neither MSNBC, CNN nor Fox News aired the rally live. In fact, C-SPAN didn't even air it live.
Trump began by lashing out at Gov. Steve Sisolak (D-NV), but veteran Nevada political reporter Jon Ralson said was "pure fiction" and "delusional."
Trump also repeatedly complained during the speech about an ad running on his contempt for troops, which had also triggered him on Twitter.
Just landed in Nevada but while on Air Force One watched most vicious TV commercial I have ever seen. Pathetic Joe’… https://t.co/Ro1UcVKpVQ— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump) 1599962314
Trump said the ad was so mean that he can now get more "vicious" and immediately began pushing conspiracy theories that Democrats are trying to "rig" the election.
Trump got his supporters to chant "lock her up" during a rant on how his political adversaries should be imprisoned.
And as usual, Trump repeatedly complained about coverage of his administration, falsely labeling reporters "fake news."
"It's a rigged election, it's the only way we're going to lose," Trump claimed.
He also complained about not being able to use Air Force One as a backdrop for his campaign rally.
Trump didn't just attack Joe Biden, but went on rants against multiple candidates who sought the Democratic nomination and said that Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) would be president within a month of Biden being sworn-in.
The leader of the free world also pondered out-loud whether he should shave his head like MSNBC anchor Ali Velshi.
Here's some of what people were saying about Trump's rally:
Just watched a sea of people rush to the front of the barricades ahead of tonight’s rally in Minden, NV. https://t.co/pawt9D2P3Z— Mark Meredith (@Mark Meredith) 1599955199
These events require hours of waiting, standing and can be too much for some in attendance. We’ve seen quite a num… https://t.co/J9hQfu6gtA— Kelly O'Donnell (@Kelly O'Donnell) 1599962825
Within four minutes of beginning his remakrs, a reference to "the fake news back there." https://t.co/LWgIGcHNGe— Steve Herman (@Steve Herman) 1599964155
"We're gonna win four more years in the White House, and then we'll negotiate, because based on the way we were tre… https://t.co/Ty2MzqPYad— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1599964309
Trump is doing a lot to sow mistrust in the 2020 elections during his rally right now, accusing Democrats of trying… https://t.co/m0pGRFfD6d— Jeremy Diamond (@Jeremy Diamond) 1599964400
Like his deployment of federal agents over mayors' objections, Trump's systematic defiance of local standards in bl… https://t.co/7g5mUI3KiS— Ronald Brownstein (@Ronald Brownstein) 1599964245
Trump, slurring, calls Joe Biden "a pathetic human being." If a guy sounding like this approached you on the other… https://t.co/fROl2YI6ha— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1599965337
Trump says he doesn't care "anymore" if his crowds chant "lock her up" about Hillary Clinton "and her lawyers should go to jail with her."— Will Steakin (@Will Steakin) 1599965231
"By the way, the US Marshals did a great job in Portland. You know what I mean" -- here's Trump endorsing US Marsha… https://t.co/xK28CbLeoP— Aaron Rupar (@Aaron Rupar) 1599966151
- The future of Murdoch's Fox News hangs in the balance as Trump's chances fade -- and viewers revolt - Alternet.org ›
- Analysis reveals Trump operation paid $3.5m to organizers of the rally that led to deadly capitol attack - Alternet.org ›
- CNN host destroys Fox News' Tucker Carlson for attacking women in the military – then blasts entire network - Alternet.org ›
- 'Pathetic loser' Trump slammed for rant pushing 'big lie' about stolen elections on Fox News - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Fox News host brutally mocked after falsely claiming DHS secretary resigned during live Trump interview - Alternet.org ›
- Trump shoots back at Fox News host who called him an 'ex-president': 'You called me, I didn’t call you' - Alternet.org ›
- The case for locking Trump up - Alternet.org ›
- 'He's a madman': Conservative confirms Trump believes the 'delusion' he will be reinstalled as president - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News staff leaked to CNN how 'distraught' they are network keeps covering up the Jan. 6 attack - Alternet.org ›
- No, Trump's not delusional — it's actually much worse than that - Alternet.org ›
- 'Their champion was no longer in office': Reporter reveals the darkness and despair at Trump's latest rally - Alternet.org ›
- Trump embraces Capitol rioters and rewrites Jan. 6 history during Fox News appearance - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News accused of refusing to air a powerful Democratic super PAC ad on Jan. 6 - Alternet.org ›