Mike Flynn’s lawyer just admitted to a federal judge she’s discussed his case with Trump
The attorney for disgraced former Trump national security adviser and convicted felon Mike Flynn has just admitted to a federal judge she has been talking with President Donald Trump about her client's case – and that she personally asked the president to not pardon Flynn.
Sydney Powell, a former federal prosecutor turned conspiracy theorist, QAnon-signaler, and pro-MAGA anti-"deep state" personality, was asked by U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan, if she's been in contact with Trump.
Politico's Kyle Cheney provides the back-and-forth:
SULLIVAN: Have you had discussions with the president about this case? POWELL: I have not, your honor, while the c… https://t.co/Ot4qn4dJRD— Kyle Cheney (@Kyle Cheney)1601399036.0
Powell actually tries to invoke executive privilege – to which she has no right since she does not work for the administration.
And then, this bombshell:
!! POWELL says she spoke to Trump about the status of the case within the last couple of weeks and requested that h… https://t.co/OxiORNWSTJ— Kyle Cheney (@Kyle Cheney)1601399133.0
Former federal prosecutor, now an NBC and MSNBC legal analyst Glenn Kirschner sugggests things got a little wild in the courtroom:
Flynn's attorney just demanded that Judge Sullivan recuse himself form the case immediately.— Glenn Kirschner (@Glenn Kirschner)1601399482.0
Flynn's lawyer just accused Judge Sullivan of "abject bias" in the case.— Glenn Kirschner (@Glenn Kirschner)1601399684.0
At issue: Flynn and the DOJ are trying to have the case dismissed – after Flynn pleaded guilty, twice, before the judge. Attorney General Bill Barr has been accused of working to protect Trump's allies.
- Trump told allies he plans to pardon Michael Flynn: report - Alternet.org ›
- Mike Flynn joins chorus of right-wingers demanding new election overseen by military - Alternet.org ›
- Michael Flynn goes after Obama: ‘He should have been afraid of me and he still should be afraid’ - Alternet.org ›
- Michael Flynn suggested Trump use military to 're-run' the election in swing states - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-Colin Powell chief of staff says Michael Flynn should face court martial for 'incitement to insurrection' - Alternet.org ›
- Michael Flynn is now selling QAnon merchandise - Alternet.org ›
- Mike Flynn: I did not call for a coup despite what that video shows - Alternet.org ›