‘Bye-bye, Tucker’: Far-right Fox News host loses multiple advertisers following unhinged rants against Black Lives Matter
Although the far-right opinion hosts at Fox News often get high ratings, they can also cost the right-wing cable news outlet money when they start losing advertisers — and Tucker Carlson has lost some major ones following his unhinged rants against Black Lives Matter and the George Floyd protestors.
Media Matters reports that the advertisers that have abandoned Carlson this week include T-Mobile, SmileDirectClub, Disney, Vari and Papa John’s Pizza.
On Monday night, June 8, Carlson asserted that Black Lives Matter “is definitely not about black lives,” but rather, is an example of “left-wing mobs” that are out to “cancel your rights.” And the following night, Carlson ranted against a “Sesame Street” special that had an anti-racist message — which he saw as leftist indoctrination of children.
Democrats, Carlson said on June 8, “encourage theft and mayhem as if that will help.”
On Twitter, T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert was asked if Carlson’s message was once his company could support — and he responded, “It definitely is not. Bye-bye Tucker Carlson!”
@DrNygard @GoAngelo @ananavarro @PapaJohns @TMobile @officedepot It definitely is not. Bye-bye Tucker Carlson! #BlackLivesMatter— Mike Sievert (@Mike Sievert) 1591758252
As I listen to the life experiences of some of @TMobile’s African-American team members, I can’t imagine hearing th… https://t.co/n3DMo3QLDt— Mike Sievert (@Mike Sievert) 1591734509
- Black Army Lt. pulled over, terrorized, and beaten even though police knew he'd done nothing wrong - Alternet.org ›
- ADL president and CNN’s Brian Stelter agree: Tucker Carlson reached a ‘new low’ by promoting a White supremacist conspiracy theory - Alternet.org ›
- Minnesota police shoot and kill Daunte Wright, 20, after traffic stop involving air fresheners - Alternet.org ›
- Newsmax host slammed for defending police in brutal arrest of US Army lieutenant: '2nd Amendment only applies to white people' - Alternet.org ›
- How Fox News falsely linked Black Lives Matter to the militant Hamas - Alternet.org ›