Critics warn Trump is gearing up to pardon Roger Stone, Mike Flynn and Paul Manafort after dead of night tweet-bashing his DOJ
Is President Donald Trump paving the way to pardon his best buddies, the former campaign advisors who helped him win the White House?
The answer to that question may be in a tweet Trump posted in the dead of night. Clearly something was bothering him at 1:48 AM, nearly an hour after he had returned to the White House from his short New Hampshire MAGA rally.
“This is a horrible and very unfair situation. The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!” Trump tweeted, responding to a tweet from a reporter for a far right wing website lamenting the 7 to 9 year sentence federal prosecutors are asking a judge impose on Roger Stone.
This is a horrible and very unfair situation. The real crimes were on the other side, as nothing happens to them. C… https://t.co/as5QvEacVs— Donald J. Trump (@Donald J. Trump) 1581403707
Don’t let that “Cannot allow this miscarriage of justice!” go unnoticed. It was written by the only person who literally can change that.
Stone, of course, is the self-described “dirty trickster” who has been best buddies with Donald Trump for decades. For a short time he was also a campaign advisor to Trump.
And Trump is literally bashing his own DOJ, whether he realizes it or not.
REMINDER: This case was investigated by the FBI under the leadership of HIS Director, and was prosecuted by DOJ law… https://t.co/NvVh0E4nCD— Greg Brower (@Greg Brower) 1581426842
Many have long believed there is a pardon waiting to be drafted for Stone. Many also believe there’s one waiting for Mike Flynn, Trump’s off-the-rails disgraced former National Security Advisor, and one for Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort.
At least eight of Trump’s associates have been convicted of crimes since he became President.
So, are there pardons waiting in the wings?
Many say yes.
Anti-corruption crusader Donald Trump was up at 2am attacking his own DOJ to defend his friend, a convicted felon,… https://t.co/QeYsiFno3Q— Robert Maguire (@Robert Maguire) 1581424764
@realDonaldTrump Either he’s gearing up to pardon this crony / criminal (Stone) or he’s getting ready to deploy Bar… https://t.co/GzcQYFmgkt— Elie Honig (@Elie Honig) 1581421580
Expect pardons for Stone, Flynn and Manafort before this is all over. https://t.co/vzWmbckDxS— Amee Vanderpool (@Amee Vanderpool) 1581426442
@realDonaldTrump Trump not only believes he's above the law but so are the criminals who helped him win. Trump will… https://t.co/kBGjSe1xq6— (((DeanObeidallah))) (@(((DeanObeidallah)))) 1581426505
Can there be any doubt that a pardon is in the offing? Sheriff Joe was facing only a max of 6 months. Prosecutors a… https://t.co/I90UU9d39g— Josh Gerstein (@Josh Gerstein) 1581428462
We all see this coming. Sooner or later, Stone will receive a pardon along with Flynn, Manafort et al. Trump's abi… https://t.co/3ZZpNPJELB— Minh Ngo (@Minh Ngo) 1581424411
@joylynbest @grannyso He will never serve a day, now that Impeachment is over and trump feels emboldened there’s a… https://t.co/9jZqwnhRk3— VOTED FOR BIDEN (@VOTED FOR BIDEN) 1581430006
- Former federal prosecutor says judge could void Trump’s pardon for Flynn — here’s how - Alternet.org ›
- Michael Flynn suggested Trump use military to 're-run' the election in swing states - Alternet.org ›
- What was the worst pardon ever? This historian says you'll be surprised - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-Colin Powell chief of staff says Michael Flynn should face court martial for 'incitement to insurrection' - Alternet.org ›
- Trump just pardoned Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Charles Kushner - Alternet.org ›
- Here’s what legal experts are saying about Trump’s Manafort, Kushner pardons - Alternet.org ›
- Paul Manafort's pardon shows that Mueller’s investigation wasn’t a 'hoax' — but a 'scandal' Trump tried to 'thwart': journalist - Alternet.org ›
- Michael Flynn is now selling QAnon merchandise - Alternet.org ›
- Six degrees of sedition: Was master trickster Roger Stone behind the Capitol riot? - Alternet.org ›