Elon Musk Gives One of the Most Bizarre Interviews from a Tech Mogul You'll Ever See - Top 10 Out There Quotes from Tesla and SpaceX Founder
Billionaire CEO Elon Musk is known for bold gestures. Earlier this year, he personally cancelled a customer's order for a Tesla car due to what he called a "rude" post, critical of his company. AlterNet dubbed him a "Tech Emperor" for that feat of pure ego. for The space exploring entrepreneur plans to colonize Mars, which according to Musk should have already started last year. Wednesday's Code Conference was filled with similarly over-the-top statements. Here are our top 10 Elon Musk quotes from the Code Conference last night.
1. "We’re already a cyborg."
2. “You basically have superpowers with your computer and your phone. You have more power than the president had 20 years ago.”
3. “We should be able to launch people [to Mars] in 2025.”
4. “I think most likely the form of government on Mars will be direct democracy.”
5. “There’s a one in a billion chance that [our lives on Earth are the base] reality.”
6. “Either we’re going to create simulations that are indistinguishable from reality or civilization will cease to exist.”
7. “If we can figure out how to establish a high bandwidth neural interface with your digital self effectively, then you’re no longer a house cat.”
8. “Right now we’re trying to maximize Earth-based revenue. There’s only earth-based revenue, so we’ve got to maximize it as it relates to rockets and spacecraft.”
9. “Space X is like the Union Pacific. Everyone thought ‘Union Pacific, What a stupid idea. There’s nobody living in California. Well, now there’s a lot of people living in California.”
10) ”There was a shootout at the Mexican border that delayed our trunk carpet and the border patrol wouldn’t give us the truck. We just wanted our truck carpet. Like, it’s pretty safe. There’s no cocaine or anything, so good.”