'Orwell is weeping': Kremlin propagandists say Russia is providing 'security guarantees' for 'the whole world'
Kremlin propagandists on Russian state television issued a new narrative this week about President Vladimir Putin's "special military operation" in Ukraine that has cost tens of thousands of lives and placed Europe on the potential brink of multiple nuclear disasters.
But the proclamations that panelists on Russia 1 spewed out on Tuesday – which only appear on the network with Putin's approval – stretch even the most extreme dystopian gaslighting to preposterous new lengths.
"Security guarantees for the Ukrainians, the population of Ukraine, our soldiers are creating these security guarantees, as well as our officers and the militia in Donbas. These are the security guarantees for the people of Ukraine. I am absolutely certain of everything I just said," declared Russian Federation Councilman Konstantin Dolgov.
Wednesday marks the six-month anniversary of Putin's illegal invasion as well as Ukraine's 21st Independence Day, sparking fears that Moscow is planning a "massive missile attack" against high-value targets like the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Station outside of Enerhodar.
"These are the security guarantees from Naziism, from provocateurs big and small, the security guarantees from atomic radiation," Dolgov continued.
He added that "these security guarantees are being created in the course of our special military operation, not only for Ukrainians, these are the security guarantees for Europe and for the whole world."
Russian Media Monitor founder Julia Davis, the resident expert on Russia at The Daily Beast, noted on Twitter that "Orwell is weeping" over the upside-down statements put forth by Putin's shills.
Watch below or at this link.
\u201cMeanwhile on Russian state TV: member of Russia's Federation Council Konstantin Dolgov claimed that Russia\u2014the country that started the largest-scale land war in Europe in recent history\u2014is providing safety and security for Ukraine, Europe and the entire world. Orwell is weeping.\u201d— Julia Davis (@Julia Davis) 1661275538
- Republican 'dehumanization' tactics mirror Vladimir Putin and the ... ›
- Top Kremlin propagandist believes that humanity will be destroyed if ... ›
- Kremlin propagandist: 'Russian agent' Donald Trump is under ... ›
- 'They don't see us as people': Kremlin propagandist accuses Ukraine of dehumanizing Russia - Alternet.org ›
- 'He is simply incredible': Russian state television gushes over 'our candidate' Donald Trump ›
- 'It's absolutely impossible to defeat Ukraine': Kremlin propagandists can no longer deny that Russia is losing - Alternet.org ›