'They had it!' Fox News host baffled over why Trump World would lie about Mar-a-Lago search warrant
Shortly after United States Attorney General Merrick Garland announced that the Department of Justice had requested that a judge unseal the search warrant that the Federal Bureau of Investigation executed on Monday at former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago compound in Palm Beach, Florida, Fox News contributor Harold Ford Jr. on Thursday was baffled as to why Trump lied about it.
"Don't mistake or misconstrue what I'm saying, anyone around the table. I'm not rooting against the president. But what I don't for the life of me – I'll come back to where I started – if the president had the warrant, had the receipt, why would you tell your friends and your supporters that you didn’t have it and blame and attack FBI agents and other federal officials? For the life of me I don't quite understand it. But I'm hopeful and prayerful that as this investigation goes forward that the president will have an opportunity to at least express himself," Ford said during a discussion on The Five.
Trump, Ford continued, "has until three o'clock tomorrow to respond to the court in Florida regarding whether or not they should unseal the warrant and the receipt. Now, I dunno why he wouldn't just say right now, 'release it.' He has until tomorrow to do it. The receipt and the warrant are gonna give us I believe some answers to some of the questions that we have around this table and some of the questions that have been asked today."
Co-host Jeanine Pirro stated that "it is up to the court at this point to release it and the court will make that decision on Monday."
But Ford pushed back, sparking a debate:
But no no, but judge, but no no judge, you're not right. The Trump team has not said they want to release it.
Right and the court will decide based upon what happens tomorrow. The court ultimately decides.
But the president said he didn't have the warrant or the receipt two days ago.
But the issue was they were saying they were shown the warrant that the attorneys who were on site from twelve feet away. But that's neither here nor there.
But they had it!
Watch below or at this link.
- 'A bold step': George Conway explains why Trump 'should be ... ›
- FBI executes search warrant at Mar-a-Lago - Alternet.org ›
- Experts dare Donald Trump to share search warrant - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News shuts down House GOP leader's 'word salad' defense of Donald Trump's FBI attacks - Alternet.org ›
- Mar-a-Lago smoking gun footage may mean DOJ may not have recovered all the classified material: legal experts - Alternet.org ›
- Ex-federal prosecutor: DOJ may believe Donald Trump possesses more secret documents - Alternet.org ›
- Trump World is staring down the barrel of its own cannon - Alternet.org ›