Donald Trump throws a Truth Social tantrum over Hillary Clinton's emails
Former President Donald Trump had another meltdown on his embattled Twitter knockoff app Truth Social on Saturday afternoon, one day after the release of the redacted affidavit that was used by the United States Department of Justice to obtain the search warrant that the Federal Bureau of Investigation executed at his Mar-a-Lago compound in Palm Beach, Florida on Monday, August 8th.
In Trump's weekend rant – the latest in a series of rambling gripes that he has issued as his legal entanglements deepen – the ex-commander in chief attempted to rehash the manufactured scandal surrounding 2016 Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server during her tenure as Secretary of State.
"When are the great Agents, and others, in the FBI going to say 'we aren’t going to take it anymore,' much as they did when James Comey read off a list of all of Crooked Hillary Clinton’s crimes, only to say that no reasonable prosecutor would prosecute," Trump seethed. "The wonderful people of the FBI went absolutely 'nuts,' so Comey had to backtrack and do a FAKE INVESTIGATION in order to keep them at bay. The end result, we won in 2016 (and did MUCH better in 2020!). But now the 'Left' has lost their minds!!!"
This article has been updated with the correct date of the FBI's Mar-a-Lago search.
- Marco Rubio: 'Not a crime' to break federal law by taking top secret ... ›
- 'You go to jail for that': When Trump accused Hillary Clinton of ... ›
- Democrats burst out laughing as Lindsey Graham reopens ... ›
- 'Distraction at its purest': Donald Trump's frenzied Truth Social meltdowns are intensifying - Alternet.org ›
- 'I don’t need financing. I’m really rich!': Trump snaps at reports that Truth Social is in trouble - Alternet.org ›
- 'List of political grievances': Judge delivers damning rebuke as he tosses Trump RICO-like lawsuit against Clinton - Alternet.org ›