Marjorie Taylor Greene says the Navy will be 'force fed' bugs and Krabby Patties
United States Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia) went into a bizarre rant about meatless food on her MTG Live podcast on Thursday.
Greene was incensed over provisions in the congressional military spending bill that would provide vegetarian and vegan culinary alternatives for American troops.
"Section 222" of the National Defense Authorization Act "creates a pilot program for research and development of plant-based protein for consumption by members of the Navy," Greene read aloud. "It also required a report specifying effective criteria to increase plant-based protein options at Naval facilities."
Industrial meat production is one of the biggest contributors to climate change. So is the Pentagon. But Greene's concern had nothing to do with pollution. Instead, Greene conjured up wild conspiracy theories about what – and who – is behind the proposed reforms.
"So what are they gonna be eating?" she asked. An image was displayed of a "nasty patty," an unappetizing variation of the Krabby Patty, the fictional seaweed-based burger featured on the children's show, SpongeBob Squarepants. "That right there, you guys. That's what the Navy gets you. You can't even make it up."
The sandwich is a cartoon.
Greene then confused plant-based protein with artificial meat.
"Lab-grown fake meat is what the Navy is going to be able to eat," she said, adding – without a scintilla of evidence – that servicemembers will be "force-fed" animated cuisine and "will have no choice but to eat this plant-based fake meat."
Greene also suggested that the Navy will have to eat "bugs, probably, because I'm sure Bill Gates is creating the entire menu for the Navy, as if it's hard enough to recruit people into the military."
Greene – who in April declared that members of the Armed Forces are "wasting their lives" – added that "now they're going to be feeding them Krabby Patties. I betcha Krabby Patties would actually taste a lot better than Bill Gates' fake meat. It's disgusting."
Watch below or at this link.
\u201cMarjorie Taylor Greene claims the new military funding bill\u2019s provision for plant-based meal options means soldiers will forced to eat \u201ckrabby patties\u201d and \u201cbugs.\u201d\n\nGreene displayed a \u201cnasty patty,\u201d a krabby patty variation from the Sponge Bob television show, as an example.\u201d— PatriotTakes \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8 (@PatriotTakes \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8) 1657827615
- 'Is that English?': Newsmax cuts away from Marjorie Taylor Greene ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene urges Ukraine to surrender - Alternet.org ›
- 'Everything's true on the internet': Marjorie Taylor Greene boasts a ... ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene says AOC should take right-wing sexual harassment as 'a compliment' - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene votes against human trafficking bill hours after accusing Democrats of doing nothing - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene says Congress being in session is 'always a problem for the American people' - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene accused of kicking woman after telling activist to 'move to another country' - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene says GOP should be 'cutting the head off the snake' to beat Mitch McConnell - Alternet.org ›
- Marjorie Taylor Greene attacks gay men to sell monkeypox T-shirts - Alternet.org ›
- Layoffs and 'declining revenues' are slamming the plant-based meat market - Alternet.org ›
- 'Treason out loud': Critics rip Marjorie Taylor Greene for 'fantasizing about killing her colleagues' - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Marjorie Taylor Greene reassures InfoWars viewers that backing Kevin McCarthy did not change her - Alternet.org ›