Josh Hawley has suffered a 'complete and utter political emasculation': former RNC head
During an appearance on MSNBC on Friday morning, former Republican National Committee head Michael Steele claimed that Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) was the recipient of a "political emasculation" courtesy of the House Jan. 6 committee investigating the Capitol insurrection.
Speaking with host Katy Tur, Steele smirked while noting the never-seen-before video clip that showed the conservative lawmaker fleeing the building at a very fast pace not too long after he expressed his solidarity with the insurrectionists as they massed outside of Congress.
"Katy, that was just absolute political gold last night," Steele claimed. "It was -- it was a complete and utter political emasculation and, if Twitter is any gauge, how you create a meme, that is it right there."
"It really spoke volumes about the duplicitous nature of all of this," he continued. "This kind of 'I'm with you! you know, we're going to -- we're standing together!' and then in the moment all those folks say 'Oh, yeah, we're coming,' they are out the door -- they are not there. "
"It really is this image of the fist and then the scurrying away that is so much what the Republican Party is about," he added.
MSNBC 07 22 2022 10 46 15 youtu.be
- GOP rep slams 'self-aggrandizing con artist' Josh Hawley: 'One of ... ›
- Twitter roasts 'moron' Josh Hawley for his 'straw man' defense of ... ›
- Video shows Josh Hawley running to evade the rioters he had ... ›
- 'I am unrepentant': Josh Hawley defiant in far right convention speech after J6 Committee video - Alternet.org ›
- 'Deserves unanimous bipartisan support': GOP senators bash Hawley’s opposition to adding Finland, Sweden to NATO - Alternet.org ›