Watch: Jared Kushner reveals what Donald Trump tried to omit from his post-insurrection address
Rep. Elaine Luria of Virginia, a member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s select committee on the January 6, 2021 insurrection, has released a video showing previously unseen depositions of Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner and others discussing former President Donald Trump’s activities on January 7, 2021. And the video shows that the former president, that January 7, crossed out some prepared remarks written in response to the violent attack on the U.S. Capitol Building that had occurred.
Kushner, in the video, is seen discussing some “draft remarks” that members of the Trump White House wanted to present to the then-president. “We felt like it was important to further call for de-escalation,” Kushner testified in a deposition.
Former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, in the video, is seen testifying that on January 7, 2021, she was among those who believed it was important to get a “stronger message out there” condemning the storming of the Capitol.
Luria’s video shows a copy of the proposed statement, headlined “Remarks on National Healing,” with the parts that Donald Trump had crossed out. For example, Trump crossed out the following proposed statement: “I am directing the Department of Justice to ensure all lawbreakers are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”
Trump also crossed out a part of the statement telling the rioters, “I want to be very clear you do not represent me. You do not represent our movement.” And when Kushner was asked why those parts were crossed out, he replied, “I don’t know.”
Watch the video below or at this link.
\u201cNEW: Jan. 6 committee member Elaine Luria releases unseen video of depositions and exhibits showing Trump crossed out line in prepared remarks on 1/7 that he would call on DOJ to prosecute Capitol attack rioters \u2014 via @RepElaineLuria:\u201d— Hugo Lowell (@Hugo Lowell) 1658758472
- 'Man up': Adam Kinzinger roasts Lindsey Graham after he criticizes ... ›
- Cassidy Hutchinson stands by 'all' of her testimony as Republicans ... ›
- Liz Cheney reveals 'chilling' and 'well-organized' conspiracy behind ... ›
- Jared Kushner's 'soulless' White House memoir torn to pieces in New York Times review - Alternet.org ›
- Jared Kushner forced to offer 'tortured' defense of Trump: report - Alternet.org ›
- Trump plotted to dump Jared Kushner before the 2020 election: new book - Alternet.org ›