Donald Trump is fundraising off his ex-wife's death
Shortly after the death of former President Donald Trump's first wife Ivana was confirmed by the Trump family on Thursday afternoon, the ex-commander in chief asked his supporters for donations to his Save America Political Action Committee.
"I am very saddened to inform all of those that loved her, of which there are many, that Ivana Trump has passed away at her home in New York City. She was a wonderful, beautiful, and amazing woman, who led a great and inspirational life. Her pride and joy were her three children, Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Eric. She was so proud of them, as we were all so proud of her. Rest In Peace, Ivana!" Trump wrote on his Truth Social app.
That statement was subsequently copied and posted into an email that had a "DONATE TO SAVE AMERICA" link attached.
A screenshot of the solicitation was first posted to Twitter by MSNBC anchor Andrea Mitchell.
"Fundraising off this," she said.
Republicans against Trump also shared what some suggested was Trump's ill-timed cash grab.
"Donald Trump is fundraising off his ex-wife's death," the Trump tracking account tweeted. "There is no bottom."
The Jewish Ginger Resister, meanwhile, noted that "I want so bad to be joking" and "there is no bottom to the grifters."
- Texts show Kimberly Guilfoyle bragged about raising millions for ... ›
- How Donald Trump's 'willful blindness' fundraising off of the Big Lie ... ›
- Elise Stefanik has 'endeared' herself to Donald Trump and will not ... ›
- 'Trump fatigue' GOP strategist weighs in on former president's fundraising efforts falling below DeSantis' - Alternet.org ›
- Ivana Trump’s Bedminster burial site might be a secret tax windfall, experts say - Alternet.org ›