'Man up': Adam Kinzinger roasts Lindsey Graham after he criticizes Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony
United States Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) complained on Twitter on Tuesday afternoon about the damning testimony that ex-White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson delivered at the sixth public hearing hosted by the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.
Hutchinson served as an adviser to former President Donald Trump and his Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, both of whom were implicated by Hutchinson as being instrumental participants in the events of January 6th. Hutchinson's recorded deposition was previously featured in the Select Committee's fifth session last Thursday.
But according to Graham, Hutchinson's sworn statements – which contained explosive new revelations about what she witnessed during the final days of Trump World – were unenlightening.
"Apparently Ms. Hutchinson testified numerous times for multiple hours about what she knew about the events leading up to January 6 and its aftermath. In her previous testimony did she mention the dramatic events described today?" Graham wrote. "If so, her previous testimony should be released. If not, why not?"
\u201cIf so, her previous testimony should be released. \n\nIf not, why not?\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
An hour later, Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-Illinois), challenged Graham to abandon his support for Trump."You are willing to go down with the ship? Man up Lindsey," he tweeted.
\u201cYou are willing to go down with the ship? Man up Lindsey\u201d— Adam Kinzinger\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\u270c\ufe0f (@Adam Kinzinger\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6\ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\uddf8\u270c\ufe0f) 1656455942
Kinzinger's reply triggered a wave of additional mockery directed at Graham, who transformed from foe to die-hard ally over the course of Trump's single term. That coziness came to a head when Graham voted to acquit Trump after he was impeached for inciting the insurrection. Today, however, Graham's defense of Trump swung back into gear.
\u201c@LindseyGrahamSC The jig is up. Game over, Lindsey. You knew what would happen if you backed Trump and you did it anyway. You will go down in history as the coward you are. Good luck in Fulton County \ud83d\ude18\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
\u201c@LindseyGrahamSC Apparently this \ud83d\udc47 Lindsey \n\nhttps://t.co/ExBIAOxjTo\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
\u201c@LindseyGrahamSC Give it up, Lindsey. It's time to accept you've been playing for the wrong team.\n\nBetter save yourself and start telling the truth.\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
\u201c@LindseyGrahamSC You\u2019re just acting like a traitor, right?\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
\u201c@LindseyGrahamSC Weren\u2019t you having a nervous breakdown in the bunker while the mob was storming the Capitol on #January6th , Senator?\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
Others encouraged Graham to air his grievances under oath.
\u201c@LindseyGrahamSC Would be thrilled to hear you testify under oath, as she did, to contradict her.\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
\u201c@LindseyGrahamSC Its under oath. I thought you were a lawyer. Now, if Meadows or Trump wants to testify under oath and dispute it, everyone would be happy. Agree, Senator?\u201d— Lindsey Graham (@Lindsey Graham) 1656452153
- Lindsey Graham threatened to ask 'for the 25th Amendment' over ... ›
- A 'dancing monkey': Lindsey Graham slammed for new audio that ... ›
- Watch: Lindsey Graham reminisces about being 'afraid' of Donald ... ›
- Prominent conservative lays out some damning reasons why the possibilities for 'prosecuting Trump' are seriously 'expanding' - Alternet.org ›
- Adam Kinzinger torches Lauren Boebert — compares her views to 'Christian Taliban' - Alternet.org ›
- Adam Kinzinger: Donald Trump must be held accountable - Alternet.org ›
- Next Jan. 6 hearing to focus on links between Trump allies and violent extremist groups: report - Alternet.org ›
- House Republicans are 'out for blood' and planning revenge against the Jan. 6 committee: report - Alternet.org ›
- 'Bold and brave' Cassidy Hutchison showed how Republicans can avoid losing their souls: conservative - Alternet.org ›
- Legal experts grapple with a hypothetical Trump prosecution - Alternet.org ›
- Watch: Jared Kushner reveals what Donald Trump tried to omit from his post-insurrection address ›
- J6 committee says Trump attorney urged Cassidy Hutchinson to lie during testimony - Alternet.org ›