Donald Trump snaps at 'RINO' Bill Barr for telling the January 6th panel Trump was 'detached from reality'
During Monday’s televised House Select Committee on the January 6 Attack, former Attorney General Bill Barr admitted in a sworn video deposition that immediately after the 2020 election Donald Trump lost, he thought the outgoing president had become “detached from reality.” Trump on social media quickly lashed out.
“I was somewhat demoralized, because I thought, boy, if he really believes this stuff,” Barr says in video, referring to false claims of voter fraud, “he has, you know, lost contact with — he’s become detached from reality.”
“The election was not stolen by fraud,” Barr adds. He concluded by mocking far-right activist and convicted felon Dinesh D’Souza’s “2000 Mules” movie, which has been widely debunked.
Trump soon lashed out at Barr through his official spokesperson, Liz Harrington:
\u201cTrump spokesperson says Bill Barr is now a Marxist.\u201d— Ron Filipkowski \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6 (@Ron Filipkowski \ud83c\uddfa\ud83c\udde6) 1655136631
- 'He was stupid': Donald Trump rages at Bill Barr after January 6th ... ›
- Trump admits he wanted Barr to take the fall for election scheme: 'I ... ›
- 'He's lost his grip': Bill Barr urges Republicans to dump Trump ... ›
- Even Trump’s more 'ethical' lawyers let their country down: conservative - Alternet.org ›
- Justice Department releases memo explaining why it declined to prosecute Donald Trump for obstruction - Alternet.org ›