Right-wing pastor calls for 'civil disobedience' to protest critical race theory
Extreme right-wing pastor and Republican South Carolina congressional candidate Mark Burns wants Americans to commit mass civil disobedience to protest the teaching of critical race theory.
Speaking at a ReAwaken America conference last weekend in Canton, Ohio – where other outspoken supporters of former President Donald Trump and QAnon were in attendance – Burns railed against the curriculum, which conservatives complain shames White students about their race.
In reality, CRT’s purpose is to educate young people about the history of racism and discrimination in the United States so that bigotry can be stamped out in the future. This includes institutional biases that are still evident in modern times. Numerous voices on the right, however, instead falsely claim that CRT pits Black against White.
Flanked by conspiracy theory kooks Roger Stone, disgraced ex-National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia), and Eric Trump, Burns insisted that CRT was antithetical to the teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
“We should be organizing, Ohio. We should be shutting down school districts. My spirit is going back to Dr. Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement. You understand the civil rights movement of then is not the civil rights movement of right now? White people, I’m trying to help somebody. Are you all ready? The segregation that you’ve experienced for refusing to take the jab, the liberal left is now making you out to be a second-class citizen. Congratulations. You know what it feels like to be Black," Burns said.
“Just like [during the time of] Dr. Martin Luther King, God is raising up armies that we are going to start having civil disobedience in America," he continued. "Just like the Montgomery Improvement Association that led the boycott that Rosa Parks led that shut down the busing system in Montgomery, Alabama, we are going to shut down this America that’s led by the racist, liberal, race-baiting Democrats.”
Watch below via Right Wing Watch:
- Pastor Caught Lying About 'Black Robber' Busted Again for ... ›
- A former Trump aide is trying to build a violent, ultranationalist, right ... ›
- Watch: MAGA GOP candidate tells Diamond and Silk mask ... ›
- Twitter hilariously mocks GOP congressional candidate for vowing to resurrect McCarthyism - Alternet.org ›
- Right-wing conspiracy theorist brags about not 'calling in gay' to work and Twitter has questions - Alternet.org ›
- Right-wing MAGA pastor urges people to smash car windows and 'put to sleep' Antifa activists - Alternet.org ›