Fox News descended into utter insanity on Wednesday
Today has been a wild one over in Fox News propaganda land, even by their standards. This morning, anchor Jesse Watters urged the United States to annex Canada to save it from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, whom Watters suggested is a communist. And he was serious.
“We have to finish the wall and build a fresh one in the north if this keeps up. Or we could just liberate the Canadians from their dictatorship,” said Watters. “It’s not like America hasn’t done that before. There’s room for a few more stars on the flag.”
Good luck with that.
The full eight-minute segment is below:
Watters: Trudeau getting his chance to play dictatoryoutu.be
Meanwhile, on Mornings with Maria on Fox Business, host Maria Bartiromo accused President Joe Biden of manufacturing the crisis between Russia and Ukraine as a “ruse” to yank attention away from – who else? – Hillary Clinton.
Bartiromo expressed skepticism predicated on what “some Congressmen were telling me over the weekend” that Russian President Vladimir Putin would want to invade Ukraine, given the vast amount of control he has over Europe’s energy resources.
Those conversations, Bartiromo explained, were “why I questioned whether or not the whole thing was a ruse, with Jake Sullivan coming out so hysterical over the weekend telling us to get out of Ukraine, and Russia’s gonna invade today. Obviously, in retrospect, he was trying to change the conversation from Hillary Clinton and her bad behavior and her dirty tricks against Donald Trump.”
Right-wingers have baselessly convinced themselves that Clinton spied on Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and presidency, citing a report from former Special Counsel John Durham in which he made no such allegation and explicitly stated that there was no evidence of that happening.
Bartiromo’s guest, Gristedes and D’Agostino Foods Chairman and Chief Executive Officer John Catsimatidis, insisted that “Putin was never going to invade Ukraine” and that Putin “withdrew the troops” out of fear that Biden “would do something stupider.”
Putin has not withdrawn any of his forces, and Ukraine remains surrounded by 150,000 Russian troops.
Catsimatidis also believes that Biden has overblown the situation with Russia to get “inflation prices” and “Mexico” off the “front page of The New York Times.”
“Yeah, it takes off the front page inflation and it takes off the front page Hillary Clinton and Jake Sullivan pushing the Russia collusion hoax for so many years,” she said.
Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller determined in his 2019 report that it was not a hoax.
The clip going around isn't even the worst of Bartiromo this morning, here she argues explicitly that the Biden White House fabricated the threat to Ukraine to cover for Hillary Clintonpic.twitter.com/TMVKSloGEZ— John Whitehouse+ (@John Whitehouse+) 1645027218
- 'Dumpster fire' Fox News trashed after Chris Wallace abruptly ... ›
- Trump admits to obstruction of justice in Fox News interview ... ›
- 'Depths of hackery': Fox News legal analyst mocked for suggesting ... ›
- 'Let me finish': Jen Psaki smacks down Fox News' 'loaded and ... ›
- Fox News pushed Hillary Clinton's speech dozens of times – but cut away when she called GOP 'coup plotters' - Alternet.org ›
- These Democrats have no problem taking campaign donations from Fox News’ parent company - Alternet.org ›
- McCarthy distances himself from Trump by condemning Putin’s actions. Here’s why its already too late - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News insider warns law enforcement may be needed to stop the network's lies from killing Americans - Alternet.org ›
- Fox News accuses Hillary Clinton of bringing 'hate to a new level' - Alternet.org ›
- Top legal experts call for ethics probe into Bill Barr’s handpicked special counsel John Durham - Alternet.org ›