‘Twice-impeached, disgraced loser’ Donald Trump is the ‘favorite’ for 2024: conservative
Never Trump conservatives were hoping that if former President Donald Trump was voted out of office and lost the 2020 election, the Republican Party would turn away from him and return to a non-MAGA form of conservatism. But even though now-President Joe Biden enjoyed a decisive victory, Trump's stranglehold on the GOP is stronger than ever — which, according to ex-Republican Never Trump conservative Tim Miller, is reason to be worried.
Miller, in an article published by The Bulwark on November 1, warns, "So, Donald Trump is now the odds-on favorite to be president of the United States in 2025…. The twice-impeached, disgraced loser who was schlonged in the 2020 election, tried to stay in power against the will of the people, and then came ten cowardly Republican senators away from being disqualified from ever running for office again, is now more likely than any other person in the world to take the next oath of office on the Capitol steps on January 20, 2025. How is that for some weird shit?
Miller, who supported Biden in 2020, goes on to lay out some reasons why he believes Trump could win in 2024, including the fact that so many MAGA Republicans have embraced authoritarianism and rejected liberal democracy.
The Never Trumper writes, "If Republicans in good standing don't do anything to change the current dynamic and instead continue their strategy of owning the libs while secretly praying that their god king gets a move-on to his eternal reward, well, then we're going to be repeating the same nightmare that engulfed us for the past half-decade, all over again. So, here's my message both to the cowards who know better and to the people of good will who put it on the line because they care about our constitutional republic: Right now, today, Donald Trump is the favorite to win the presidency again. If you don't want that to happen, then start acting like it."
- Why the 'malicious destructiveness' of a second Trump presidency ... ›
- Yale professor and expert on authoritarianism says 2024 Trump ... ›
- A 'dark prediction' for 2024: Bill Maher explains worst-case-scenario ... ›
- 'Fallen nation': GOP Rep. Gonzales warns that Trump will try to steal the election again if he loses in 2024 - Alternet.org ›
- Trump is in legal peril due to this key detail in conspiracy law: analysis - Alternet.org ›
- Chris Christie's comeback tour is a flop - Alternet.org ›