Alex Jones handed a devastating loss in lawsuit filed by Sandy Hook parents
A Connecticut court handed down a sweeping win for the families of eight victims of the Sandy Hook massacre against right-wing broadcaster Alex Jones.
A superior court judge ruled Monday that Jones was guilty by default because he refused to turn over financial records and other documents ordered by the courts in the defamation case filed by the parents of eight people killed in the 2012 mass shooting, which the conspiracy theorist claimed was a "false flag" by the U.S. government to confiscate firearms, reported the New York Times.
Jones claimed the families of 20 first-graders and six educators killed in the shooting were "actors" taking part in the scheme, and the Sandy Hook plaintiffs claimed he profited from spreading lies about their murders.
He also has lost three defamation cases in Texas, and juries in both states will determine how much money he must pay in damages, in addition to court costs.
- Alex Jones loses 2 Sandy Hook cases by default after failing to ... ›
- Alex Jones suffers another legal loss as his day of reckoning ... ›
- Alex Jones gobbles ivermectin on-air during bizarre rant: 'You think I ... ›
- Texas court sides with Fort Worth hospital — rules it cannot be forced to treat COVID patient with Ivermectin - Alternet.org ›
- Alex Jones declares Trump is either ignorant or evil in 'emergency Christmas message' - Alternet.org ›
- Wife of conspiracy theorist Alex Jones arrested for domestic violence on Christmas Eve - Alternet.org ›