Trump’s new social media site 'hacked' just hours after announcement
Donald Trump announced Wednesday night he is launching TRUTH Social, a new social media site next year to fight "Big Tech," because "We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced."
Within hours that brand new site, in a pre-launch state, was "hacked."
"Trump announced he was launching a new media company, Trump Media & Technology Group, and its 'Truth Social' app," Newsweek reports. "The 'Truth Social' app will begin a beta launch for 'invited guests' in November, with a nationwide rollout planned for early 2022, according to a press release."
The Washington Post's tech reporter, Drew Harwell, was hard at work late Wednesday night, revealing that accounts for Donald Trump and Mike Pence were either created by those who are not them, or those accounts were vulnerable and hacked.
The "donaldjtrump" account of Trump's TRUTH Social has already been hacked.pic.twitter.com/LDQ5w24tcV— Drew Harwell (@Drew Harwell) 1634785785
The Daily Dot's tech writer says he is the one who created the Donald J. Trump account:
Was just able to setup an account using the handle @donaldtrump on 'Truth Social,' former President Donald Trump's new social media website.\n\nAlthough the site is not officially open, a URL was discovered allowing users to sign up anyway.pic.twitter.com/MRMQzjNhma— Mikael Thalen (@Mikael Thalen) 1634784505
Apparently Trump's TRUTH agents were able to cut access to the vulnerable site:
For those asking, the public domain for what appeared to be the mobile beta of Trump's new social media platform 'TRUTH Social' has been taken offline.\n\nI did manage to grab a screenshot of the Account Settings menu before access was blocked.pic.twitter.com/M8G3PE0JES— Mikael Thalen (@Mikael Thalen) 1634790772
- Reporters point to a simple sign that Trump's social media lawsuit is ... ›
- 'Not competent': Legal experts pan Trump's 'clown show' attorneys ... ›
- Pro-Trump platform GETTR's 'free speech' delivers flood of ISIS ... ›
- Major investor refuses to bankroll Trump’s ‘fake news business’ - Alternet.org ›
- Trump’s new social media platform may be facing legal problems due to ‘code similarities’: report - Alternet.org ›
- Trump's botched social media platform is already off to a bad start - Alternet.org ›
- Why Trump’s social media platform may be doomed from the start: attorney - Alternet.org ›
- Trump may have ‘skirted’ federal law in setting up his $300 million social media company deal: NYT - Alternet.org ›
- WATCH: Jimmy Fallon mocks Trump's new social media app using the former president's own words - Alternet.org ›