Watch: Obstructionist Democratic Senator Kyrsten Sinema hilariously roasted in SNL’s cold open
Add Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) to Saturday Night Live's Cecily Strong's list of dead-on impressions as the Arizona Democrat was mocked for her spotlight-hogging and obstructionism in the cold opening of SNL's new season.
With new cast-member James Austin Johnson introducing his President Joe Biden impression, Strong's Sinema made her presence known in the sketch by shooting down any proposal being made by fellow Democrats as part of the infrastructure negotiations.
In addition to sticking out her tongue, blowing a raspberry and giving a thumbs-down to raising taxes on the rich, SNL's Sinema explained what she really stands for.
"What do I want from this bill? I'll never tell. Because I didn't come to Congress to make friends. And so far, mission accomplished," she smirked.
"Look, as a wine-drinking, bisexual triathlete, I know what the average American wants. They want to be put on hold when they call 9-1-1, they want bridges that just stop and car falls down. They want water so thick you can eat it with a fork. And I will fight for that no matter what. Unless my foot hurts, then I've got to go back to Arizona," she added.
Biden Unites Democrats Cold Open - SNL www.youtube.com
- Sexy Colonel Sanders? How the face of KFC became a (kind of ... ›
- 'SNL' is so influential George W. Bush thought he really did say ... ›
- SNL mocks the hell out of GOP's Lindsey Graham, Mitch McConnell ... ›
- Trumpers stand up for Kyrsten Sinema — suggest bathroom protesters should be 'deported' - Alternet.org ›
- 'Princess of Arizona' Meghan McCain fumes over her SNL portrayal: 'Laughing stock of the country' - Alternet.org ›
- Arizona groups demand Sinema 'stop obstructing' on Medicare expansion - Alternet.org ›