‘Not a day for politics’: Psaki hits back at GOP senators demanding Biden resign
White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Thursday hit back at Republicans calling for President Joe Biden's resignation following fatal bombings outside the airport in Afghanistan.
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) demanded Biden resign over the bombings, suspected to have been carried out by ISIS-K.
To say that today’s loss of American lives in Kabul is sickening does not begin to do justice to what has happened.… https://t.co/eUM9HOsHVd— Josh Hawley (@Josh Hawley) 1630009846.0
Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) demanded so many resignations that Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) would become president.
Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Antony Blinken, Lloyd Austin and General Milley should all resign or face impeachment and removal from office.— Sen. Marsha Blackburn (@Sen. Marsha Blackburn) 1630003545.0
"So, two Republican senators, so far, have called on the president to resign over the attacks in Afghanistan today," a reporter said at Thursday's White House briefing. "What the White House's response to that?"
"I would say first, this is a day where U.S. service members — twelve of them — lost their lives at the hands of terrorists. It's not as day for politics and we would expect that any American, whether they are elected or not, would stand with us and our commitment going after and fighting and killing those terrorists where ever they live and to honoring the memory of service members," Psaki said. "That's what this day is for."
Jen Psaki www.youtube.com
- Jen Psaki calls Fox News' Peter Doocy 'irresponsible' for saying ... ›
- 'Let me explain to you': Jen Psaki clashes with Peter Doocy over the ... ›
- Jen Psaki replies to Peter Doocy's claim about negotiating 'with ... ›
- 'He does not want them to live': Jen Psaki explains Biden's response to the terror attack in Kabul - Alternet.org ›
- Idaho senator blasted for his 'nutters' questioning of Antony Blinken during Afghanistan hearing: ‘Carnival barkers and clowns’ - Alternet.org ›
- Jen Psaki fires back at GOP attacks on Gen. Milley by saying Trump was ‘fomenting an insurrection’ - Alternet.org ›